Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes tall shooting vests? My old one is going to need replacement and I checked a lot of sites and they only offer large. Somebody must be making them.

Karl

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
The last ones I got were from C/J Enterprises and being 6'5" I needed the tall also ... They had mine made and they fit like a glove ... I'm not sure if Janet is still selling vests and shooters shirts etc. but she does post on here once in awhile so you might luck out if she see's this posting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I think the E Mail is [email protected]

·
5,069 Posts
All I can share is that at my Orvis (Lombard IL), I just purchased one of our clearanced Ultra Suede Warm Weather mesh vests in a beautiful shade of brown ($69, down from $129). At 5'11, the vest comes down onto my mid-thigh, so while not technically made as a "long" its nice looking (IMO), the price point is definitely worth taking a peek, ordering and if it doesn't meet your needs - can be returned without questioned + Orvis quality and customer service.

www.orvis.com - click on the sale outlet link (upper right), hit hunting (left margin) and pan through the available sizes.

Regards to all,
Jay Spitz

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info WPT, I sent an email to Janet. I looked at the Orvis but they are too short for me. I am 6"4" and like a longer vest.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Gander Mountain carries vests that fit me and my son. (I'm 6'5" my kid is 6'8")I think they come in sizes up to 4X. Nice vest, decent price.
I also have an older vest that I had made by Chimere, it's a left handed vest and fits OK but the Gander Mountain is just a little longer.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gander, Bigcamo and extreme only show big sizes, not tall. Plese supply a link for tall if you have one, I could not find them.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have mine custom made by Shoot The Moon.

Call them and let them make one for you.

http://shotgunveststm.com/

TB

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Ganders vest just are made long, My son has the one I bought so I can't look at the label but I'm sure it was just an XXL. I have another buddy who's close to 6'8" that also wears a Gander vest. Your best bet is to go and try one on.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My kid is long and rangy and we got him a custom vest made by Chuck Dietl - fantastic quality.

Plessinger Sportswear
Ph (702) 642-8128

You provide the measurements he asks for and then select the features and colors you want.

Shooting in a custom vest is not anything remotely like wearing something off the rack - this is a performance piece of clothing - as important to a shooter as any other part of their kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.