Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently shooting a perazzi mx7 combo. I shoot it pretty good, but for some reason have the bug to get something new. I have been looking at browning 724 unsingle combo, Joel Etchen combo, or a a Krieghoff kx-6. I do shoot doubles, but I am not competitive in them so I would keep the perazzi just for doubles. I’m just trying to get though my small head that a new shotgun won’t bring my scores up much and I might be better off putting money into shooting more. I really have the bug for a KX-6 special.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can only talk yourself out of it.

New guns don’t necessarily mean higher scores right away. Shoot the guns you want to buy before buying them. You might talk yourself out of it just by shooting it.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
Usually what it takes to talk myself out of buying another gun is a trip to the gun store.

Walk in, fondle until your hearts content, pick out the wood you like, mount it a few times, set it down and walk around, go back and do it all over again, pull out your wallet, say "I'll take it" and do the paperwork. When they run your card you'll have to sign something, don't let that detour you.

Enjoy your new gun.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I bought my 725 combo last year fro GU ... it's a keeper no matter what.. In between I have probably purchased 6-8 guns, from BT99's, 100's, Citoris, and even 2 Kreighoff KX5 ... I've shot them all well, and I've shot bad... but the bottom line ... I like guns... and I like to shoot my own guns.. I try others, sometimes that helps me to decide what I want and don't want.. but I like buying guns, and selling when I have to. If I could keep em all, I would. That KX-6 Special is in my sights when the right deal comes around. One of our members here is selling his mint BT99 Max in the classified... if you want to try something... check that out... it is absolutely priced right... I want it.. but I'm tapped at the moment ...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Enjoy, it may not be better scores, but it might make you get excited again about the shooting, shoot more, and look forward to playing with the new toy, with a lot of pride.
I know what you are going through, many of us do it, but with shotguns it is like money in the bank, you can always sell it , trade it, or if you love it get the thrill back into the game.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have read many many threads in this forum and I can honestly say the fine folks here at TS arent going to talk you out of buying a new gun! This is the place to come when wife says no and you come get better excuses from us!! Seriously do what makes you happy!!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
I’m currently shooting a perazzi mx7 combo. I shoot it pretty good, but for some reason have the bug to get something new. I have been looking at browning 724 unsingle combo, Joel Etchen combo, or a a Krieghoff kx-6. I do shoot doubles, but I am not competitive in them so I would keep the perazzi just for doubles. I’m just trying to get though my small head that a new shotgun won’t bring my scores up much and I might be better off putting money into shooting more. I really have the bug for a KX-6 special.
You must be a relatively new trapshooter else you would have come onto this problem before. :D We all have.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Like most others here, you're talking to the wrong guy.
It's guns that I didn't buy that I regret.
Yup, I get "not another gun" at the door.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would love to talk you out of a KX-6S but honestly it’s the gun I wish I had back. I fell in love with mine and shot it better than any other trap fun I’ve shouldered. That gun flat crushed targets. I loved the roll over stock, and the adjustable rib. I sold it when my first baby came along and stopped shooting as much. Every time I shoot now I kick myself.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts