Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Shooters,

I made a purchase ( trying I should say ) thru Tactical Traps, they have an advertising banner on this website. They build a shelf that stores/hides your pistols in an battery operated credit card like device which opens it when desired. I thought pretty good idea all around. I purchased one on Fathers Day for myself!

The website states 10 to 14 business days taking in to account holidays ect. I tried reaching out to the company in reference to a delivery date. I emailed the customer service service unit for a delivery date with my cell # with almost 24 hours and no response I called the office phone number. For and for a what seems to be a small company they sure have a phone voicemail system like my cable provider, went thru all the prompts repeatedly....check delivery date........sorry please email our customer service team ( already did that ) !!!!!!

I finally call back and hit ( all other questions ) prompt and a nice lady picks up and offers help......something doesn't sound right and I press her her a little bit and she works for a call center/ phone answering service. I basically tell her that so far I am not a happy customer as of yet, She says she will forward my message to the powers to be.

Two minutes later I receive a stock/generic email from the customer service team stating I will be notified when the unit will ship. I would have appreciated a phone call/email on the first contact not resorting to a call center to forward my request of information. So I am right at 14 days taking into account July Fourth holiday.

I realize this is most likely a small company and maybe the pool the orders together for a fabrication run? Anybody purchase from this company and could share their experiences?

Jim Zee

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Hope you end up getting what you ordered. I hide mine on top of the nightstand and in the corner by my bed. No special card needed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Depending on how it is being shipped it could take longer. If USPS for example, my wife ordered a specific coffee brand within the state in which I live and it started out in Oakland CA. North of me by 8 hours. It is now back on its way from Pennsylvania. The distribution point is in Ca.. I called the company and got told it is because of Covid. Always a convenient excuse. In reality it was routed on the wrong truck. However, with FedEx I received a birthday gift for my wife from the Yukon in two days. Mind you this has to be flown out by bush plane to Fairbanks. USPS is really messed up.

Al
Ridgecrest,CA

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
I bought a pair of shoes for the net. Turns out to be from china after I place the order. That was March 20th. I complained and complained many times. They told me wait 3 days, then 7 days. On and on. I contacted PayPal and filed a complaint. Got my money back. THEN the shoes arrived. July 10 the. Do it return then,??? Don't know what to do or who to return to.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You for the replies,
I am a responsible gun owner as we all are, I have a six year old son that I need to keep safe. I am also a responsible gun owner that I need a firearm where I can access it quickly and efficiently. I liked the idea of the shelf, the gun is in sight but out of site. As far as the card goes for opening you can attach that card to a bottle,vase or candle etc and there is your opener. As far as the business practices just reach out to me first, I will wait but lets have a conversation...don't make me chase ya. I am giving it until end of business day on Monday.

Jim Zee

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to update because its only fair to do when lodging a bitch. The shelf arrived on Thursday with a conformation of delivery on Tuesday that the unit would be shipping. The packaging and shipping were excellent. The quality of the shelf looked very good with no damage. I hope to have mounted and operational in the next week or so?I will update.

Jim

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had good experience with Tactical Traps.
My wife bought me shelf for a shockwave to hang in our bedroom. The color in the image on website was nowhere near what arrived. They took the pre-finished one back and sent me an unfinished one that I stained and varnished to match our woodwork.
I will say it was not next day shipping, but Amazon has spoiled us all. I have no issue waiting 7 to 10 days to get what I want most of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts