Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have been around a lot of Winchester super x model 1’s. I know these reciever’s were hand made an not molded. I never saw or knew there were 2 difference size reciever’s can you explain the difference?

·
Ljutic Nut
2,917 Posts
I have one of the old plastic coated T&S Super-X shell catchers. You need a new bolt handle that is either cut out or cut and stepped up to use the catcher. They may have a new style now but back when I was shooting a Super X you just could not buy the shell catcher and just put it on, the handle would hang up on it.

Years ago I seen a couple guys that made shell catchers out of 18 gauge brass. They had and a receiver on a field gun and that was what they used for a mold. If I can find the brass one they gave me i will post pictures here.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have been around a lot of Winchester super x model 1’s. I know these reciever’s were hand made an not molded. I never saw or knew there were 2 difference size reciever’s can you explain the difference?
I did not know there were different sizes. Please explain.
I sent you a PM which has a link to the information from the T & S website.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a T&S catcher that fit the receiver, but the bolt wouldn't cycle. I had to remove about .020
from the bolt. Then everything worked . The bolt is hardened and the material had to be removed
with a stone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts