Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are three stock we just finished up and wanted the customers to get a sneak peek at the finished product before they are shipped out. Thank you for taking a look and as always thanks to The Crew for all their work.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

Krieghoff K-80 American black walnut from the economy bin. It was a rifle blank that turned out better than expected.

The next piece is a Krieghoff Trap Special. The wood is a very unique piece of Turkish Walnut that has a very different grain structure for Turkish.

The last piece is a a Black Walnut stock on a Ceasar Guerini very nice with plenty of feather on both sides of the stock.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Beautiful work (as always). I'm saving my pennies for you to do one on a piece of wood I've had for years.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
All amazingly beautiful! Now is "Turkish Walnut" actually from Turkey, or the name of a species of walnut that can also be grown in the U.S.?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Turkish Walnut shown was sent from a place that specializes in Turkish Walnut. It was supplied by Luxus Walnut and they have a company over in that country that cuts and processes the wood. Thank you for the question.

Dennis

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dennis GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that piece of wood that Linda picked out is as pretty in person as it is in the picture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,294 Posts
Chango,

"Turkish Walnut" is typically one of several sub-species of English Walnut (Juglans Regia) that grew as a wild tree in Turkey originally and now in several of the former Russian States that have opened their doors to trade with the West.

It's English Walnut from Turkey. Because it's a "wild" tree and isn't part of a cultivated and seasonally irrigated commercial orchard, these trees are usually massive in size when they're cut down. The crazy undulating figure and stripe develop through the hundreds of years that these monsters stand while fighting the elements.

Hope this helps.

Mike Mann
WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have been having many request for take off wood but just FYI we always return the original stock and forend to the customer when they order a new stock set. Many companies use the customers original stock to do the bondo work but we have our own patterns here that we use. If we do use the customers original stock they are given a choice and we will purchase the stock prior to cutting it up and using bondo to form their pattern stock.

Dennis DeVault

1 - 11 of 11 Posts