Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Closed for other reasons

This has been posted several times in the last few months!!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been busy so I haven't seen those posts. If someone would bring them back up that would be great.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
True? Yes and no. The last smelter processing lead from lead ore mined in USA closed. There is still lead coming from the ground in USA, but it is usually a side-product from Zinc, copper, and silver operations. But expect those operations to come under more scrutiny.

On a trip I drove through a valley that was basically denuded of vegetation from a zinc operation there. There was a nice walking trail through the valley. The signs along the trail said "Don't eat the tomatoes".

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
Just like our coal, lead will be sent to China and then exported back to us in whatever forms needed.

US regulations will not come down on China's business's for profit over there.

Bullet makers will get the ingots needed, just not as pure and based on how much "tariffs" the Feds will charge.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
"...Doe Run, which hopes to find a buyer for the site, will continue mining lead in southern Missouri but will send the ore elsewhere for smelting, primarily to Asia, Hughes said. China is the world's leading lead smelter..."

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are some rumors associated with the closing of the last Primary Lead Smelter in the US. I have read several of these articles/rumors and I think this link will help shed some light on the subject. I know for a fact of three ammo manufactures and have been told that most all ammo manufactures get their lead from Doe Run's Secondary Smelter that has not been affected by the closing of the Primary Smelter.

Stephen Ricketts

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just like our coal, lead will be sent to China and then exported back to us in whatever forms needed.

The air quality in China is so bad, all pilots need to be IFR rated because the possibility of IFR conditions is so high, it's unsafe to allow only VFR rating.

They are using raw material from North America to produce this smog, yet we are being closed down for producing the same smog in North America. This makes no sense, yet it is happening.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
SteveR - I would be nice if it worked out that way, but I'm not so sure it will.

For example, there are two regional refineries providing gasoline to the gas stations in your town, Refinery A and Refinery B. Refinery B closes or stops gasoline production. The owner the gas station you use tells you not to worry, he buys all his gasoline from Refinery A so the closing of Refinery B will not affect his supply. Do you believe him?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts