Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any women on the forum shot a Syren Tempio Trap Gun over an extended period of time? Would appreciate opinions about the gun of any who have. Has the gun been durable? Any remarkable service experiences - good or bad? What do you like about the gun? Anything you do not care for?

My wife, a petite woman and new shooter, is interested in knowing more about other women's experiences.

Thank you.

Mark Mattson

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Mark, it was great to see the both of you in Tucson. My wife shouldered one and didn’t care for it. She decided on a Krieghoff.

I know two women here in Michigan that shoot them though and love them.

Best,

Darryl

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My wife has been shooting the Syren combo for about a year and a half now and loves it. It was about a year old when she got it. Had CG do the pit stop last year at the grand. Great customer service.

·
Registered
103 Posts
str8shtr,
You might like to send a PM to boatermom. She has considerable experience with Syren, as well as some others. I found her to be a great person to chat with digitally as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh darn it, Mark, I just read that you were in a Tucson. That’s where boatermom and her husband are for a few more weeks. It’s a shame this didn’t work out better for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My daughter tried both the Syren and the CG model. She felt the CG Summit compact was better balanced. That’s what she ended up with. She is about 5 feet tall and is shooting in college now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My daughter tried both the Syren and the CG model. She felt the CG Summit compact was better balanced. That’s what she ended up with. She is about 5 feet tall and is shooting in college Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty sure it’s the same gun. Just doesn’t have the rose on the stock and engraving is different.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pretty sure it’s the same gun. Just doesn’t have the rose on the stock and engraving is different.
And the stock is adapted for women, bit different pitch, cast, etc.. Overall, the CG/Syren brand is a great line. Very good service. They take care of their customers very well. I had an issue, sent it in and had it back all within about a week. Shipping took longer than the time in the shop.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The balance is what the CG rep said was the real difference besides the cosmetic. And the wood on the display gun was nicer looking than the Syren.

Also, the CG had the pit stop program. We went to the CG headquarter and their gunsmith first the gun to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts