Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there use side by sides for trap. Some of the old school manufacturers like LC Smith made doubles for trap (Winchester 21 too). Are there any new sxs guns on the market set up for trap.

·
Registered
744 Posts
CSMC made an RBL with an adjustable comb for sporting clays that I'm sure would work for trap. Check their website.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Am just a local Sunday afternoon trap shooter...

I really enjoy shooting my side-by-sides on the trap range.

Use a Winchester Model 21 with 32-inch full and extra-full barrels and a Monte Carlo stock the most...

But also use my Parker, L C Smith, Lefever, Beretta, RBL, Ruger Gold Label, etc.

Lot of fun.

While I have shot 25 Straight with my side-by-sides, my average score is lower than with my conventional trap guns.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
BigHoss, CSMC wants around 7000.00 for their sporting sxs it has a higher rib and adjustable comb. You can pick up a older Ithaca, Smith, Parker, or whatever and install a adjustable comb and add on rib and save yourself a bunch. Bill

·
Registered
958 Posts
I tried shooting doubles with my 1889 P Grade Parker Brothers. I did horribly -- I couldn't get used to going to the second trigger in time. Did ok on singles.

Pete

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
What's your goal?

I shoot trap (and all the clay games) with most of my guns...whether SBT, SxS, O/U or auto...whether 20,16 or 12ga. When I get as serious as I ever do about competition, which doesn't include any registered targets, I use my 32", 12ga SxS. So happens I've shot my best bunker scores with it. Short of trying to reach the 27 yd line in ATA, there's no good reason not to shoot a SxS if you can find or build one that fits.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just prefer the look and feel of SxS guns. I have been eyeing a SKB485 that does have a raised vent rib and chokes all the way up to full and xtrafull but the barrel is only 28 inches. Not sure if that is too short for trap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.