Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not being able to find clay's i have switched to winchester super handicap good results 1oz 8's 18.6 grains claybuster rem. tgt-12 cheddite primer 1180 ft/s 7400 psi one more load 19.3 grains cb1100-12 cheddite primer 1220 ft/s 8400 psi all in winchester aa hulls first load 16 to 23 yards second load 24 to 26 yards has anyone else tried winchester super handicap ?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I like it as well. 18.6 grains with Claybuster 1100-12 (AA12SL replacement), 1oz. of 8's or 8 1/2's, Cheddite primer in AA hull. Low recoil, dense patterns.

Derek

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I load it with 19.0 grns with an 1oz of 8's, win209's and love it!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
i love it as well, fairly versatile 1 oz and 1/18 oz loads, almost as much as clays. i find its only a little dirty when you bring pressure down LOW. i use it in both winchester and remington hulls with a windjammer 11/8 wad and tgt12 wad for the 1 oz. produces a beautiful crimp and a nice shooting shell.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i love it as well, fairly versatile 1 oz and 1/18 oz loads, almost as much as clays. i find its only a little dirty when you bring pressure down LOW. i use it in both winchester and remington hulls with a windjammer 11/8 wad and tgt12 wad for the 1 oz. produces a beautiful crimp and a nice shooting shell.
Agreed. Its also rather "Boomy/Hollow" sounding when loaded down. But I shoot ported barrels. I have had guys ask me how hot my loads were loaded for they sounded like a cannon going off. I told them what I had and velocity wise. They just kinda shook their heads.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have had good results in AA hulls but my attempts in Gold medal hulls have been less impressive,if you load gold medals I would recommend a federal 209 primer,loads with a fiocchi primer failed to ignite the powder in cold temps and when they did go off they were extremely dirty,the load was 21.4 grains and an fed SO wad 1 1/8 shot the load shows about 7700psi switched to the fed primer and never had another issue but that primer ups the pressure to about 8400 psi,about 1 in every six failed to go off with the fiocchi primer,I dismantled what I had left and the powder charge was right on in every one,the temp was arounf 4 degrees.I have loaded Promo and Int clays at lower pressures with that primer and never had an issue even in cold temps.Jerry

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's the only powder I've used for the last year and a half. I love that I can use it for both my 1oz and my 1 1/8oz loads. Makes changes really easy. It's also never hard to find.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
AA hull, Spolar Gold wad, 20.4 Grains WSH, 1 1/8 of Hard Shot all in front of a Win. 209. IMHO this load is about as good as I can find for my yardage. The only thing that works better in my old gun is Federal Paper Handme caps! I also like the smell of the papers and that ain't as good as it was years ago!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use SH with 20.1 grs,windgammer wad,AA hull, a nice handicap load,crimps do dish down a little,still trying to solve that issue,they do shoot very well I must say.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Below is the Factory duplicate of the Winchester AA Super Handicap Load.

Winchester AA - Hull
20.9 gr Super Handicap - Powder
Win. 209 - Primer
WAA12 - Wad
1,255 FPS - 11,300 PSI

MG

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Mark, I just started experimenting with the Super Handicap powder.. That is almost the exact same load that I'm using for 1oz loads. Just with 20g and in an STS Hull, it ink dots those birds but I'm finding that I need more pressure. At the current load its dirty burning, it leaves a lot of residue in the barrel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts