Trapshooters Forum banner

Switching from w209 to cheddites

3734 Views 28 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  dctrpskt
Ran out of w209 and purchase 2000 cheddites today. They jam in the feeder tray on my old Grabber. Anyone else have this issue ?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Cheddites feed fine in four 9000G's and one Grabber at my house over the past year. Used to use all Winchester primers. Actually have fewer Cheddites flip over than Winchesters. Zero issues with Chedittes in nearly 10,000 reloads. Glad to have them!

· Registered
60 Posts
Ran out of w209 and purchase 2000 cheddites today. They jam in the feeder tray on my old Grabber. Anyone else have this issue ?
I have switched to Cheddites about 6 month ago due to the shortage of everything else. Also, they are cheaper than w209. Loaded about 15,000 thousand rounds without any issues. I am using mec 9000. Good luck.

· Registered
138 Posts
I have recently switched over to Cheddites as well. My father bought a new to us mec 9000 and did not have any problems at first. However recently I have started having the same problem. The primer will not fall down the tube and gets caught.

Carts

· Premium Member
5,200 Posts
Quite the opposite. I switched from Winchesters to Cheddites about 6 years ago and the Cheddites hang up much less in my two Grabbers. A firend had the same results and feels that Cheddites are a tad bit heavier.

· Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I've had far better feeding with Cheddites than Federal and Winchester primers in my old MEC-650. So much so that I almost never use the spare primer or two I keep at the ready on the bench to address failure-to-drop primer issues while loading. When using Federal primers, I'd go through 4 or 5 of them just loading up 4 boxes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.