Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am forced to switch from RT to LH shooting .problem I am blind in my RT eye I heard of something that can be mounted to the barrel that will move a ven.rib over a few inches so I can sight left eye.does anyone know of such a item that I can buy? or would I have to make one?

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
go to, Meadows Industries, check this out. I had to switch from rt to lefty shooting due to eye issues. This is what I use,
Vari-Brite-Site 3 Crossfire Eliminator
Check their site out, they have some really nice options.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Just reread your post, are you saying you are still shouldering your gun righty but using your left eye? If so.. change shoulders too, I think I'm beginning to shoot lefty better than righty, it didn't take long before I was shooting as good lefty as I was righty..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had the same problem with my eyes. Look at all the options and used the solution I didn't want to use. I switched to shooting left handed. Took less time than thought it would. Results may vary. I very satisfied with the change. Persistence is the key.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just reread your post, are you saying you are stilling shouldering your gun righty but using your left eye? If so.. change shoulders too, I think I'm beginning to should lefty better than righty, it didn't take long before I was shooting as good lefty as I was righty..
Just reread your post, are you saying you are stilling shouldering your gun righty but using your left eye? If so.. change shoulders too, I think I'm beginning to should lefty better than righty, it didn't take long before I was shooting as good lefty as I was righty..
I have been shooting LH now I must switch to RH but I am blind in my RT eye had Pacemaker/Dif put in left I hah a pacemaker before with no problem jt with combo of Pacemaker/Dif it's a no no

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go to, Meadows Industries, check this out. I had to switch from rt to lefty shooting due to eye issues. This is what I use,
Vari-Brite-Site 3 Crossfire Eliminator
Check their site out, they have some really nice options.
I checked out there site no help

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sounds like you're looking for something like these.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I remember seeing something, not sure if it was the Carey Side Sighter or what MTA Tom posted.

Just thinking out loud here; Or how about just the Vari-Brite-Site III on a bracket that sticks out couple of inches at the end of the barrel.

Thinking some more, learn the sight picture needed. I would guestimate barrel needs to be about 3 inches right of the target and maybe a little lower. Lock the trap for straight away then for the hard angles to learn the new sight pictures.

Jason

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
About 20 years ago there was a guy who worked as a shooting instructor at Holland & Holland's ground at Northwood, just west of London, who used a "side sighter" just like the one in post #7. He was right-handed with a dominant left eye and shot with both eyes open. He fitted the "side sighter" to the top rib of his O/U trap gun.

I'd occasionally shoot on the same squad as him in Olympic trap ("bunker") competitions. He eventually gave up shooting Olympic trap although he gave it a good try. His frustration using the "side sighter" outweighed any pleasure he got from shooting with the thing.

I'm not implying the "side sighter" wouldn't work at ATA trap with its narrow angles and more consistent target heights. It certainly didn't work for my friend at Olympic trap and he was a very experienced game and sporting clays shooter as well as being a good instructor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts