Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchase, and install one of these. Installation is as easy as knocking out the trigger pin, installing the hook down inside the slot in the trigger, and putting the trigger pin back in place. The adjustment can be a little tricky, but can be done with patience, and watching how it works with the stock off.

A little advise. Start with a slower trigger release first. In other words, adjust the hook so it catches far onto the hammer catch at first. Once you get used to opening the gun without releasing the pressure, and the shooting of a release trigger, you can adjust it so it is very fast, barely catching the hook. Although that is not recommended. More advise, with a release trigger installed, ALWAYS keep the barrel pointed above the trap house at all times when set.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You are correct. The early hooks did not have the set screws in them, for the early KS-5 models. Those models had the adjustment screws in the trigger itself, one to adjust the forward lean of the hook, and one for the creep of the trigger adjustment. The later KS-5's, and the KX-5 only have the adjustment for creep in the trigger, thus the set screws in the hook itself for the forward lean adjustment.

There are two set screws in the hook, one to adjust the forward lean that screws from top to bottom, and one that screws in from the small end, to lock that adjustment screw in place.

The adjustment is a fine balance between the gun not cocking, because the hook is leaning to far forward, and the amount of creep that has to be on the hammer release from the sear, in order for the hook to catch the hammer. The amount of creep needed is quite a bit, but really does not matter because the release is where the speed is crucial.

A very simple, and effective, integrated design.

·
Registered
597 Posts
As with any finely tuned gun, it makes since to spend the money and just let the people who make it, set it up right. Remember that its a safety issue not only for yourself but those on the line with you. Krieghoff International will service a gun with aftermarket releases but will not touch the releases themselves. To me it makes since to send the gun into Krieghoff International and let them make it right. It probably costs less than you think...

Just my 2 cents...

JASON SHEEHY

99-11142

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It costs more then you think, trust me. As far as I know, all of the hooks pictured are Krieghoff hooks, or are pretty much the same design. Not really that complicated of an installation, as some of the other more complex releases. You add one piece, and adjust two set screws. You have to do it with the stock off, and see exactly what they do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts