Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Further to my previous post regarding bino's for hunting, a local store is a Swarovski stockist. Their Hablicht (sp) line is within my budget if I save diligently for the next few months. The pricing would indicate to me that Hablicht is their entry level model...does anyone here have any experience with them...positive, negative or a bit of both, I'd like to hear. Thanks again-Graham.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
I have a Swarovski 42/8 item that must be 20 years old. Every time I hand them to someone to look through at something they say "Wow! What the devil is this? I've never seen anything through binoculars before! - it's amazing!"

Save for the real thing. I've looked through mine a thousand times and every time I'm amazed at what I see.

Neil

·
Registered
160 Posts
I share Neil's experience. I have had a set of 7x50's that I got about 15 years ago for hunting in Germany. I have used them under all light conditions including at night hunting wild boar and they are fabulous. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My wife bought me a pair 8X30 SLC`s 18 years ago for my birthday. Still good as new and still about as good as anything being made today that I`ve looked thru. Larry

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I have a pair of 10X40 rubber armored that I have had (I'm guessing) 30 years. I have used them for spotting in IHMSA matches mounted on a microphone stand and could frequently see the bullets arch into the rams at 200 meters. Groundhog hunting, football games, etc and they are as still good as new with amazing clarity. I had to send them back to the factory in 1996 for some work on an eyepiece and it was accomplished free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.