Informal survey for my trusted advisors at Trapshooters.com
I received an invite from my Congressman to a trap shoot/fundraiser at a private range in the wine country yesterday. it's not everyday you get a hand written invite to go shoot trap with your congressman.... even if it wasn't his handwriting. In the name of full disclosure, I didn't nor would I ever vote for this guy, he's a Dem.
So, do I;
- Appreciate the honor of the invite, go, enjoy and contribute to the Dem's re-election campaign fund and hob-knob so I can tell the grandkids one day?
- Pay the entry, expense it to work, expect to get some face time with the Congressman and accept the challenge of single handedly changing his and the entire Dem party's position on gun control at this event?
- Reluctantly pay the entry, intentionaly not enjoy the day just to spite him?
- Pay the entry/fund raising fee, Whoop the Congressman's ass in trap and post pix here for everyone to ridicule the congressman on how bad a shot he is.
- Not go, send a letter telling him I see through his assistant's cheap vailed attempt to sway a conservative NRA member to their mis-guided efforts at gun control? Demand they remove me from their mailing list and never contact me again!
- Pitch the invite, $250 for a day of trap shooting is way to much, especially with a looser Dem Congressman! Forget it ever happened like a bad nightmare.
My significant other said "not only NO, HELL NO, no, no, no you're not going to support that a-hole". So, my principals (and GF) tell me no, but it would be fun to hob-knob, and there is the off chance I may get an opportunity to tell him why his alignment & support of Di-Fi and the rest of the dem power elite on the hill is so mis-guided.
As O'Reily likes to say, "what say you?".
On another note, how the hell would my name end up on an invitation list to a Dem fundraiser shooting event? The NRA wouldn't release a list of members in his district would they? What about the NSSA/NSCA, have they stooped to releasing members home addresses to Dem congressmen? Kind of PO'd he even has the balls to invite me to his private winery trap shoot, then again not every day your congressman invites you over to shoot trap.... I'm conflicted.