Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this? I know how to do it on a Citori, but not on a Belgian Browning.

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
534 Posts
You have to remove the hammer spring assembles from the ejector hammers. They are located on the forend iron. Remove the forend from the barrel, and then remove the wood from the forend iron. You will see the 2 ejector hammers located at the rear of the forend iron on each side. The ejectors are powered by a coil spring. They are under quite a bit of spring tension so carefully grab the spring guide with a strong pair of needle nose plyers and pull back to get the spring guide out of the seat hole in the rear of the ejector hammer. Once removed, the ejector hammers will not slam the ejectors and throw the hulls out of the chambers and will now allow you to lift out the hulls from the chambers. Be careful, as they are under a lot of spring pressure and will take off like a rocket if you lose hold.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did what Jim Flynn suggested....easy and quick and works like a charm. Thanks, Jim!

Ken

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would have been just as easy for your friend to have lost the factory springs. No ejectors either way......my rods are in a zip lock bag marked to identify the gun they came from and filed in my safe in a pocket where I keep such things.

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts