Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke out my Super X1 the other day and decided to rebuild the old girl for a fun gun. In the past I have seen some pretty nice synthetic stocks and some nice carbon fiber setups but can't find out who made them (anyone know).

I'm not adverst to wood but do want something with an adjustible comb. Also any suggestins on a good place for a chrome gas tube and other parts would be appreciated.
I'm in Florida if there is a recommendation for a expert Super X1 guy please let me know.

Had this gun since I was a kid shooter in the 70's and don't ever plan to part with her

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I've propably shot a Super-X more than most here.

I have used a rust resistant gas system from Nu-Line guns since the early 80's. Forget the chrome tube and buy Nu-Line's stainless steel tube and rust resistant gas system. I think they have all the other parts you might be looking for, check their web site for more info.

As far as a stock goes, I have never heard of a synthetic stock for these guns. I would have an adjustable comb made from your wood stock and then have the stock and forend coated with whatever look you want. I have recently had a 20 guage Berreta 391 coated by Frank Teichman in Phoenix, it looks like carbon fiber. He has many colors and textures you can chose from. I'm sure there are others that perform this service as well.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have been rebuilding and restoring SX-1's for 30 years now and have a complete supply of parts available for these guns. I have never seen a synthetic stock for a SX-1. My shop does in-house bluing, refinishing, custom stocks and checkering, as well as general repair. Please contact me if I can be of service.

Steve Fischer Gunsmithing, Inc.
4235 sw 75 Ave.
Miami, Fl. 33155
305-261-1820
e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
You were looking at stocks that had been wrapped in a skin. They "Looked" like carbon fibre buy they were not. There has never been a snthetic stock made for a sx-1. I looked into having one done. They can produce the first one for about 25,000. 12.00 each after that! chuckles who has a post on trapshooters as we speak was the guy who posted the pictures you saw of the carbon fibre looking gun stocks. the company did all kinds of skins including stuff that looked like grade 6 wood. Turned out the outfit was not really easy to do business with. Jeff

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
+1 on the stainless versus chromed mag tube. You can also get hard chromed gas pistons and rings which I highly recommend if you are doing a complete rebuild.

You have already recieved pointers to the three main SX-1 gunsmiths that I know of, Wrights, Ernest Marlette, and Steve Fischer who posted above and is located local to you in Fla.

I have personally done business with Ernest on a SX-1 and find him to be an excellent gunsmith, a perfectionist at his craft, and an extremely honest and ethical person.

The below gun (seen by posters on this BBS until they want to puke LOL) had the gunsmithing, metal polishing, and bluing done by Ernest.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I also have 2 Kickeez 105 recoil pads that are supposed to fit the SX1 but dont, not quite wide enough on my stocks, I will trade these for whatever too

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
That is my favorite SX-1 on the planet. I have seen some of the nicest over the years. That is my favorite. The bible says not to covet thy neighbors possessions.I am 100% guilty as it pertains to the Sx-1 above. Jeff

·
Registered
934 Posts
Todman2...I have 3 custom stock sets for the Winchester Super X Model 1

all 3 are Field grade but the forends vary...your choice $200.00 shipped.

email me if interested...

Chuck

PS...These stocks will sell fast so be sure to get your pick in first...

chuckles_2008_030395.jpg

chuckles_2008_030396.jpg

chuckles_2008_030397.jpg

·
Registered
934 Posts
For you Jeff...$180.00 shipped, it has the better paint job of the three....
I refer to it as STS Remington Green

Chuck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.