Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best way and tools to remove the magazine tube from the receiver? I need to turn it around. Have some Kroil working on the threads now.
Thanks, Wayne

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Sory guys but what is the reason to turn the tube around. I have a SX1 for several yrs and never heard of it. Thanks B12

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
SX-1's that have not been cleaned properly will develop a ring of corrosion where the piston head sets on the mag tube.......turning it around gives you a clean, smooth surface for the gas piston to move on the mag tube again.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have changed two recently:

1. Wife's hair dryer rigged directly where the tube mates the action. Put it on high heat for a few minutes. Make sure you apply plenty of heat!

2. Strap wrench.

It will come-off.....Guaranteed!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I agree with Ajax and Bangalore; use a strap wrench. The tubes are way too easy to get out of round and become useless......Bob Dodd

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Definitely heat. Kroil will not loosen the loctite that's on it. A heat gun or good hair dryer and a strap wrench as mentioned.

To b12, even if you do clean your gun well and often, the simple movement of the piston will wear the area of the outside of the mag tube over which it travels. Since the mag tube is symetrical on both end, you just turn it around and you are good to go for a while.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Heat and a strap wrench.Too much enough heat and you will be able to do it by hand. Just take your time and you will be fine. Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.