Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I always used a piano wire, .40 thousands wide

Clip on shell catchers like you see on Remington 1100's and Beretta autos won't always work on the Super-X as there was a production change of the thickness of the receivers, therefore the people that made the clip on shell catchers stopped making them as they wouldn't work on most receivers.

Nu line guns used to have the factory clip on deflector that I used for doubles.

Bolsa Gunsmithing did mine, and more recently I had them drill my wife's Beretta 391. You can buy the wire at Ace hardware and make your own wires, as I have done many times.

Bolsa is in Westminster, CA.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nu-line has the factory style deflector for $14.95 + shipping. I use it whenever I am shooting on a squad, so that I don't pummel my squad mates with empties. With the deflector, my empties end up about 10' to my right front. You can adjust the distance the SX-1 throwns the empties by adjusting the recoil spring between factory and Wright's heavy duty, and by using the aluminum recoil follower or the steel one. Otherwise, without the deflector or the T&S catcher, the empties will either hit your squadmates or end up in the next county.

Jack Young

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the late Bob Baumgart drill the barrel extension for a wire shell catcher. I agree with Tom Strunk, wire is the way to go. I used the Save-It stick on catcher, now made by Birchwood Casey, with success; but the wire worked out much better.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
The Birch wood Casey flip-up catcher works good if you puy surgical tubing over the wire. T & S made a limited run of clip-on catchers like 1100s & others, but require the bolt lever me modified for clearance. The SX-1s were not all the same in the loading port area, hence the modified lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts