Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Winchester Super X Model 1, 1974-1981, Trap 30" VR tubes, fancy wood, as new $575."

That's what the ad says - what do you guys think? I won't have time to look at it until Sunday but in the meantime (if it's still available), what should I be aware of regarding these guns?

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Tubes ?? I ass u me (assume) these are aftermarket chokes installed in the barrel.

Only aftermarket chokes I would have on this barrel would be Briley thin walls, flush mounted.

I love these guns, sure sounds good, price is really low, but only if the "tubes" are Briley's, would I buy it. If they are any other brand I'd pass.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
One correction, Tom. The chokes could be Wright's......exact same thinwall pattern and thread as Briley's, but better quality and better workmanship!!

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Ed: I would think if the gun is in very good shape; $575 would be a very fair price. I have a Super X-1 trap with the original 30" full choke barrel. However, I also have a 28" barrel with Wrights chokes in it; which I use for sporting clays. I have had absolutely no problems with the Wrights choke tubes in this barrel. Hope the deal works out. The Super X-1 is a nice gun. Ed

·
Registered
14,965 Posts
If it has decent wood it's a great price. The barrel can always be swapped out. Some good SuperX-1 Monte carlo wood will sell for $300 alone. They are notorius flat shooters.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help but I just called and the gun has been sold. The person with whom I spoke didn't know anything about it, so I couldn't find out about the chokes.

Ed

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's a steal if you ask me. I just bought an all original
trap with straight stock for $625.00. I ams not a big fan of
auto but they are the best auto ever built.IMHO
Joe

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don`t worry theres plenty more of them around, just keep looking, even when your not looking very hard you`ll run across one.that gun sounds like a good deal. breakemall, Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.