Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone reload the winchester super target hulls? I'm asking because here locally, NO stores are receiving any new shipments of federal, remington, or Winchester AA's, but some are getting shipments of the winchester super target and I am down to 2 flats worth of AA hulls to reload. If your reloading the super target hulls, where did you find load data? or are you using the same load data as the AA HS?, with what results, "consistency, number of reloads per hull, etc."? I bought a flat of the super target and shot them, I noticed the hulls were a 3 piece construction just like the AA HS.

Thank you
Joe

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I have loaded them once or sometimes twice then toss them.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I have loaded many of the Winchester Super Target hulls, using the AA data. I inspect them prior to loading for base wad separation. I have found that the crimps have a higher than usual (compared to the AA hull) poor crimp. I also know of a couple of guys that reload them using AA data for hot crow loads. Bill Malcolm

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
They were my favorite reload at one time. Around 1997 I shot a ton of 'em reloaded with Clays powder and a Federal 12 S-3. My Singles average that year was 98.28 and I haven't matched it since!!

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
No Rick, they were plastic in '97 or '98. They have change the original hulls considerably since then. These newer ones with the steel bases look more like trash than the original ones!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Once got a deal on 5 flats of them. I reloaded them on a MEC 9000 using WinAA data, and they worked just fine. Got about 5 loads out of them. Use a wad for tapered shells though. I used Green and Blue dusters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts