Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see your best SS recipe with or without pictures . I have an Elk and 2 deer in the freezer and I need some new ideas for sausage or bologna. I love pepper sticks but they are too much work in my old enterprise stuffer.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Look into Butcher & Packer supply MI. website Deer hunter, 140-01 25 lb kit, takes an evening and a 24 pack, plus cook time
we have used it for deer, elk, and wild hogs, all with great results, add high temp cheese and jalapenos to taste, have even used it with older freezer game, maybe not good for table but a way to save it. have fun
Dave B Ohio

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look into Butcher & Packer supply MI. website Deer hunter, 140-01 25 lb kit, takes an evening and a 24 pack, plus cook time
we have used it for deer, elk, and wild hogs, all with great results, add high temp cheese and jalapenos to taste, have even used it with older freezer game, maybe not good for table but a way to save it. have fun
Dave B Ohio
I have used Pittsburgh spice Co. and The Sausage Maker and Owens BBQ spices with great results . I just bought some Italian seasoning and Casings from Butcher & Packer . I am aware of the pre mixes that are available but I would like some personal homemade recipe's if possible. Most of these need a tad bit more seasoning for my taste buds. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have used Pittsburgh spice Co. and The Sausage Maker and Owens BBQ spices with great results . I just bought some Italian seasoning and Casings from Butcher & Packer . I am aware of the pre mixes that are available but I would like some personal homemade recipe's if possible. Most of these need a tad bit more seasoning for my taste buds. Thanks

Might be tough to find a homemade recipe that will hit the sweet spot with your tastebuds. A good way to go about it is to find a pre-mix that you like as a base then add your favorite seasonings to jazz it up to your taste. It is easy to find your preference that way and you can modify the same batch incrementally to find exactly what you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts