Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting back into trap shooting after a 10 year hiatus. Looking to spend around $4000-$5000. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Never been a doubles shooter so looking for something with a unsingle barrel. My previous shotguns were a beretta 680 - something and a perazzi mx14 (kicking myself everyday for selling it). thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My personal favorites that I have looked at in that range are Caesar Guerini summit and the Fabarm Axis. Adj ribs from 50/50 to 125. I'm in same boat been about 7yrs. A guy in classifieds has nice mx 2000 also

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at the Fabarm Axis as well. I'm not familiar with the company whatsoever. I've been a fan of the Beretta 682 Gold E but I guess it's being replaced by the 692 but no word on a unsingle version yet. I'm not waiting around for Beretta to get one to the market. Also looked at the 687 from Joel Etchen and found a heck of a deal on a Blaser F3 but again, don't know much about Blaser either. A lot has changed since I was shooting last.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that one. I'm sure it's a fine gun. But I've got it in my head that I would really like a new gun. Something about cleaning off the packing grease off a new gun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My personal favorites that I have looked at in that range are Caesar Guerini summit and the Fabarm Axis. Adj ribs from 50/50 to 125. I'm in same boat been about 7yrs. A guy in classifieds has nice mx 2000 also
Know anything about the reliability of the Axis? Haven't been able to find much current information on it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm still scared to go with unsingle though. Always did good with top. Been thinking a ljutic with pfs stock and see if I can get a 125% rib installed. Otherwise I would honestly be going with Caesar due to lifetime warranty. And good svc I was a Beretta guy but svc is horrible

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still scared to go with unsingle though. Always did good with top. Been thinking a ljutic with pfs stock and see if I can get a 125% rib installed. Otherwise I would honestly be going with Caesar due to lifetime warranty. And good svc I was a Beretta guy but svc is horrible
I can't decide top or unsingle. My beretta was a top but I shot my first 100 straight with the perazzi. Could never afford a new perazzi now since I was single with no bills back then.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Look a caeser dealers a lot have demos to try at least be able to see if want unsingle. The guy in sales section had nice Perazzi Mx 2000 unsingle in the 5s if heart is set on that. Good luck with search hard decision

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
Nothing to gain by considering new only other than a lot lighter wallet. For <$5K you can find a next to new Ljutic HDCP LE with exhibition wood and adj. comb. Only down side is you will never have a valid excuse to search for another SBT and will miss all the excitement (and costs) of numerous repairs.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nothing to gain by considering new only other than a lot lighter wallet. For <$5K you can find a next to new Ljutic HDCP LE with exhibition wood and adj. comb. Only down side is you will never have a valid excuse to search for another SBT and will miss all the excitement (and costs) of numerous repairs.
Good Luck.
What is poi on those?

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
berettagold53911: POI is determined by the build specs., but most of the HDCP LE's had higher POI's mostly due to the .700 high, slightly pitched ribs. The Ljutic I have for sale has a POI of 80/20 to 100/0+.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts