Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good beef jerky as well as trail mix or granola...When your hunting in cold weather your body will need to carbs and extra calories...

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is my trail mix and it works to keep me going out duck hunting.
Almonds,Crasins,Chocolate covered pamagranite fruit, and anything else in dried fruit you like. I also take some cheese for the fat and protin. Eat a good breakfast high in carbs and fat before you leave for the stand.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
What "Luckyman" said with the addition of a Snickers or two. Its my weakness. Gotta have my junk food energy boost. I take the Caprisun's to drink.

Matt

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I'd recommend a thick slice of tofu on a crisp rice cake, some chopped-up okra and a few sprigs of parsley.

It tastes like hell but the deer assume you're too gay to be a hunter and they walk right up to you.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Gary, You owe me a new keyboard. LOL However I've been hunting at least six time since gun season opened and haven't seen a thing so I have my wife in the kitchen looking for the items you recommended. I'm ready to try almost anything. Jackie B.

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
Hot sticks, string cheese, mini Snickers, anything that can be in an individual werapper and not mess up my pocket.

HM

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
You might also consider putting the food in a zip lock baggie, because some wrappers are quite noisy. Especially the new biodegradable type.

As for food, don't forget apples, grapes, and dried fruit. (Prunes not recommended.)

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
<i>"Deer like apples, nuts, crackers, and cheese.

Feed them enuf zo dey don bodder you ven ur drinkin' an gamblin'"</i>

Uff da!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
All of the above are good, I like to take a couple hard boiled eggs for a mid morning snack and a can of smoked oysters with some cheese and crackers for the afternoon. Staying well hydrated will keep you going longer than eating a bunch of 'power food.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
A couple years ago I lost one of my best friends. He fell out of his tree stand while deer hunting. They found an empty snack bag in his blind. He appeared to have gotten hungry, ate, then fell asleep, fell out and broke his neck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.