Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of Rizzini BR110? If so, how's the quality? Is it good for trap? And does the Beretta 690 comes in left hand? I'm trying to keep it under 3 - 3.5k price range.
Look at Joel Etchens website he had a run of left 687 Berettas made to his specs, softest shooting gun I ever had

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Whatever you get, I'd recommend you make sure the stock fits you. I could make a neutral stock work, but it's not ideal. After buying and selling a bunch of lefty stocks that also didn't fit. I eventually got a used Precision Fit Stock and adjusted it to fit (it also has a recoil absorber, if you like it). You'll hear that some guns (Krieghoffs and Blasers) can be had with lefty levers...absolutely not worth it...it feels easier to push the lever over with your thumb than pull it with your thumb.
If your budget is $3000-3500, and you budget $900 for a used PFS, that leaves you with with $2100-2600 for the gun, which should be enough to get a used Beretta 686, maybe a 682, Browning CX, used Citori, or maybe a used 725.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Whatever you get, I'd recommend you make sure the stock fits you. I could make a neutral stock work, but it's not ideal. After buying and selling a bunch of lefty stocks that also didn't fit. I eventually got a used Precision Fit Stock and adjusted it to fit (it also has a recoil absorber, if you like it). You'll hear that some guns (Krieghoffs and Blasers) can be had with lefty levers...absolutely not worth it...it feels easier to push the lever over with your thumb than pull it with your thumb.
If your budget is $3000-3500, and you budget $900 for a used PFS, that leaves you with with $2100-2600 for the gun, which should be enough to get a used Beretta 686, maybe a 682, Browning CX, used Citori, or maybe a used 725.
How does the PFS works? I checked their website and it's far from where I live, I also noticed that their pricing are over 1k for just the basic stock unless I'm looking at the wrong one.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
As a side note, I think that the ATA should set rules in place that left handed shooters MUST be squaded together. I hate it when I'm shooting to the left of a left handed shooter and he stares at me. It make me uncomfortable. If it's a small shoot and there's only one lefty, he should have to shoot by himself or leave.
Imagine how he feels with you staring back at him. 👑

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
As a side note, I think that the ATA should set rules in place that left handed shooters MUST be squaded together. I hate it when I'm shooting to the left of a left handed shooter and he stares at me. It make me uncomfortable. If it's a small shoot and there's only one lefty, he should have to shoot by himself or leave.
[/QUOTE .

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
He's just admiring your dress.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
How does the PFS works? I checked their website and it's far from where I live, I also noticed that their pricing are over 1k for just the basic stock unless I'm looking at the wrong one.
The PFS has a bunch of adjustments, comb, toe in/out, drop at heel, etc, that you can see on their website. The recoil reducer works with a bunch belleville washers with plug that adjusts the travel of the stock as it recoils...or you can adjust it so it doesn't move at all (no recoil absorption). As far as how well it works, it works great. You could buy one, adjust it how you like it, then have a stock custom made to fit you, or keep looking for a wood stock with similar dimensions. New, they go for around $1400-1500, but you can usually find one used for around $900...and if you don't like it, or decide to sell it, as long as you didn't drop it off a cliff, you could probably sell it for about $900.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm left handed. I shoot trap with a Browning CXS. 30" barrels. I know it's not a "trap" gun but I do just fine with it. No problem at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone! Just wondering if I can get some suggestions on what the majority recommends for a O/U for lefties. I've been shooting semis for over a year now and I would like to go try out O/U. I'm 5'7 and about 185lbs. I know its all about how the gun fits and most of the places here that rents only carry right handed one. Also, is there a big difference if I shoot a right hand O/U? (I know most semis are neutral hence why I've stuck with it for awhile)

Thank you in advance for any advice!
100 % right as a left handed shooter my silver pigeon is neutral, but my Browning max is right handed with a right handed palm swell, couldn’t find a left handed, so I’ve had to adapt, move the comb and recoil reducer, but now very comfortable, it’s a right handed world, but us lefties can play the game, good luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Another vote for a PFS. I lost the vision in my right eye had switch being a lefty. I was looking for a left handed gun but there is not many choices in the used gun market. Bought a new PFS with the Ultimate comb for my BT 99. I LOVE IT! Took some time to get it set up and it was worth it. When I decided to get a new shotgun I will take it off my BT-99, buy the appropriate grip for the new gun and I will be down the road burning powder.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts