Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just wondering if I can get some suggestions on what the majority recommends for a O/U for lefties. I've been shooting semis for over a year now and I would like to go try out O/U. I'm 5'7 and about 185lbs. I know its all about how the gun fits and most of the places here that rents only carry right handed one. Also, is there a big difference if I shoot a right hand O/U? (I know most semis are neutral hence why I've stuck with it for awhile)

Thank you in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Browning have a very neutral stock, I'm a strong lefty, but had no problem shooting Brownings.
Adjustable combs and butt plate make them even better.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
Millers in Delaware typically has left handed Brownings in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that the same as 725 trap? I know there's a bunch of citori models. Also does all Browning CX comes in as neutral stock?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am left handed also. I shot neutral stocks for years fairly well at times, but if you want to see real improvement by all means get you a left hand stock with some cast in it and a left hand palm swell. The cast is to help with fit and it is amazing how much recoil a palm swell helps take out. I would also suggest taking the time to fit it to yourself, no one can fit it for you. There are people that can help you but you know what fits and what don't. Also after all of this put a lot of hulls on the ground.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do not get a right hand stock. You will be miserable. Best of all is a parallel offset stock with an adjustable comb. The entire wood is moved over ¼ inch or so. Just cast will smack you. Agree 100% with patch about palm swells, I always end up sanding to make the palm swell even more pronounced.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Make sure you get adjustable butt plate and adjustable comb -- Problem with left hand guns they charge you $325 more for a left hand, then when you trade it in they offer you a lot less for it because it's left hand.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hi everyone! Just wondering if I can get some suggestions on what the majority recommends for a O/U for lefties. I've been shooting semis for over a year now and I would like to go try out O/U. I'm 5'7 and about 185lbs. I know its all about how the gun fits and most of the places here that rents only carry right handed one. Also, is there a big difference if I shoot a right hand O/U? (I know most semis are neutral hence why I've stuck with it for awhile)

Thank you in advance for any advice!
Buy a left hand stock. I had my stock bent 30 years ago. Best thing I ever did for fit. You still want a adj comb and possibly a butt plate adjuster as it's tough to twist em

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I'm a lefty too. Get a lefty 725 Trap and never look back.
I was just going to say they made or make a Left hand 725 Trap.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,543 Posts
As a side note, I think that the ATA should set rules in place that left handed shooters MUST be squaded together. I hate it when I'm shooting to the left of a left handed shooter and he stares at me. It make me uncomfortable. If it's a small shoot and there's only one lefty, he should have to shoot by himself or leave.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Personally I feel that Beretta is more left hander friendly than them all. Left hand stocks in all configurations (trap, skeet, sporting, and parallel comb) are available from Cole Gunsmithing. You can buy them "online today". Try that from another manufacturer. Left handed semi-automatics, and over and under shotguns in a variety of configurations. You can buy a used Beretta and build it to your left handed specifications at an economical price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for all the suggestions. I will canvas around got a 725 trap and check Coles as well. I've been into trap shooting for over a year and would like to see if I can improve more with a left handed gun. I did notice that once I started looking around for a left handed O/U, the price range becomes a lot more steeper comparing to semi. To be honest, I don't know what's a good price and what's not.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Having been a left handed shooter since I was 14, [I am right handed with a left hand master eye] Get a gun with a left handed stock and you won't look back.
I have a couple of Beretta left handed guns as well as a couple of Perazzi's with LH stocks. I shot guns built for right handed shooters for many years, until I learnt better. I would not consider doing that now and I am lucky enough to be able to either buy or make my own stocks.
Do it right get a LH stock and make sure it fits you.
Good Luck.
Devonian.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having been a left handed shooter since I was 14, [I am right handed with a left hand master eye] Get a gun with a left handed stock and you won't look back.
I have a couple of Beretta left handed guns as well as a couple of Perazzi's with LH stocks. I shot guns built for right handed shooters for many years, until I learnt better. I would not consider doing that now and I am lucky enough to be able to either buy or make my own stocks.
Do it right get a LH stock and make sure it fits you.
Good Luck.
Devonian.
That's exactly how I feel. I'm a big Beretta fan however I mounted a left handed 694 and for some reason I don't feel like it was a good fit, not to mention the price tag. Up here in NY they go for at least 4400.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Has anyone ever heard of Rizzini BR110? If so, how's the quality? Is it good for trap? And does the Beretta 690 comes in left hand? I'm trying to keep it under 3 - 3.5k price range.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts