Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got an 870 and 1100 for my son and myself. They are early 70’s vintage, both full choked and in pretty good shape.

I would like to at least get the 1100 set up for me, and I at least need additional LOP.

are there any easily bolted on stocks that are fully adjustable and good quality that are recommended?

thanks in advance,

Neil

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know how old or how big your son is, but maybe you could get the 1100 set up for him instead. It'll kick less... (should be beneficial to a young guy)
Yes, I have to agree. I think I’ll set him up with the Jack West youth stock on the 1100. Spend some time at the range with light loads. He’s eleven.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good move on getting the 1100 set up for the young shooter. Just do the right mait. to the gun, keep the O-rings fresh. There are a lot of good acc. out there for the 870 and the 1100 esp. in various type of barrels.
Good idea. These guns have been in a safe for thirty years. I’ll look at Midway and YouTube after work today and learn about the “O” rings and general maintenance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What is the lop oun now and what lop do you need it to be ,you don't have much room behind the recoil pad for and adjustable add on you can use a spacer or look on EBAY under Remington 1100 buttstocks there many at cheep

·
Registered
130 Posts
Replace the action spring and o-ring. Give it a good cleaning and should last for a lifetime. I'm a huge fan of the jack west stocks, but the synthetic fore ends (remington and jack west) both have a lot of slop allowing them to move side to side. I prefer the jack west rear adjustable stock with a wood fore arm. The wood fore arms are a substantially tighter fit and provide a better feel of the gun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Jack West butt stock on my early 70’s 870 30” full shotgun but I bought the stock from Remington (same stock they put on their 1100 Competition) which came with the “Bump Buster” recoil reducer. Had to buy a new stock bolt ($10) to make it fit an 870 otherwise interchangeable. Love it! I’m shooting better than ever! The best thing about buying from Remington is they have “sales” on parts quite often. I saved like $120 on the stock. The Bump Buster isn’t adjustable for LOP but seems to be ok for me. The recoil reduction is invaluable on a pump gun! Being able to adjust the comb did wonders for me! For a cross dominate righty shooting 1 eye, being able to keep the target in view right through the shot has made me feel like I was shooting blind before! Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts