Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect many shoots here are not noticed by people who could attend them simply because there are so many others listed that are not close by.

Unless it is really something special, honestly, how many people are going to travel across the country for it?

To help your club increase attendance, I would like to suggest a listing title with the state first, followed by the town, then the club or shoot name.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

I think listing the location of your trap shoot is a great idea.

I receive trap shooting event announcements that give no clue as to their location.

I have taken them to our local trap club and had contest for anyone who can figure out the location of the shoot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I treat them as advertising or a headline in a newspaper or magazine to entice the unsuspecting or curious.

Just posted one but didn't think I had to state exactly about the particulars. Anyone interested or knows what the initials stand for, they can come right in and read the post.

Sometimes it appears as if I post those things like I'm a cheap streetwalker trying to hustle a John (I can't believe I just wrote that!).

"Hey baby, wanna have a good time at a shoot?"
(Argh, did it again!)

What I hate is having to bump those posts to the top like they're some sort of hot air balloon.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
bb63

In other words if someone doesn't know what your initials stand for you don't want them at your club. There are people who might shoot at your club for the first time if they knew about it.
Bud

·
Registered
54 Posts
Reddbudd,

You got a point. But how much total character spaces are we allowed for a thread title. Our gun club's official name is pretty long. I'll see if I can fit something in that's shorter.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
bb63,

It doesn't have to be in the title. There are a lot of post that don't have anything but the initials anywhere in the text.

Bud

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I like to travel and shoot at different club. Registered and Games. I've made many shoots in the States around me by someone putting the address on here. Didn't even know some of the clubs existed.

Please put the information on/in the thread. It doesn't take that much time and you may help your club and find some friends alone the way.

Merry Christmas,

Ajax

1 - 8 of 8 Posts