Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What lens color will make an all orange target standout against a bright white background? I looked at the desc of the Ranger lenses on one of the Ranger vendor sites and none of them are described as being for these conditions. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sorry, but lense color is tuffy. After talking to various suppliers/manufacturers, everyone's eye sensitivity is differant. I probably bought 3 sets of lenses before I got the right color. Some people will opt for the brown/orange tints and others the Vermillion/purple tints. All i know is the lighter the lense you can live with, the better. For your application, I use a mid dark vermillion.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
As Dovecommander stated, hard to tell someone else. I use Decot light medium vermillion against green backgrounds. I just ordered Decot gold 15 Mon. Hope they work better against blue sky and white clouds. You can do a thread search here. Was quite a discussion some time back. Good luck --Steve

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
When I first began shooting trap, the only lens colors available were gray and yellow. Most shooters choose yellow. Later, different shades of red became popular. Now we have a wide variety of colors and I have used most of them. Purple was a favorite color of mine for some years but I have drifted back to Decot medium target bronze. I use this color for both shooting and driving. I like driving with shooting glasses. It gives me a spare set of glasses at a shoot if I ever need them. Target bronze is the most common color sold by Decot.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree with Pat Ireland, I shoot a lot in snow and bright snowy conditions; CMT were good, purple was good, nix on vermillion, but a targrt orange works best. Start there. I also close my eyes between shots to save them from the glare of snow. I have blue eyes. I shoot 24-25`s regularly in NW Pa wind and cold and snow. Have fun, enjoy your shooting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.