Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been some suggestion (by Short Shucker) that the topics being discussed here have gotten a little loopy, possibly due to cabin fever. Here are some suggested topics to get the discussion back on track:

If you rotate a side-by-side 90 degrees, can you call it an O/U?

How adjustable should a comb be?

Why does everyone get annoyed when I use my leftover goose loads to shoot trap?

Should there be a weight limit for trap shooters? Max or min?

How many people have shot trap with a rifle? When you did it, were you a member of the NRA?

Do American guns shoot higher or lower than Italian guns?

What is the dress code for trap shooting? Why does no one follow it?

Can I shoot trap with 00 buckshot? Why not?

What should I do if the guy next to me wipes his nose after every shot? What if he wipes my nose?

I'm a newbie - does anyone have a recommendation for good shooting shoes?

What's the different between green shells and red shells?

And finally, that all-time clock stopper - Should I aim my gun or point it? Why not?

Any additions to the above list will be welcome, at least until spring arrives.

Ted K.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Here's a Topic..,.... If the current Handicap system doesn't work(according to some), Why don't they place you by weight? This way you could pick and choose by eating or loosing weight. Fat Boys back fence. This way all the whiners that the system is broke can loose weight and move closer. Wanna move back you say. Start eat'n.

How long would it take you to be in competition with the Big Dogs? LOL

I'm bored. Ice/snow coming.

Matt

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here's one:

What do you do to keep sane while shoveling out from storm after storm?

Another:

How do you keep yourself from beating your neighbor senseless with your snow shovel after he fills in your driveway with his snowthrower?

A third:

Is it really true that all this snow will melt by next June?

Please flame away--we need the heat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brian in Oregon -

You got it all wrong (as usual). The question is, "What's the difference between 7.5's and 8's - .5 inches or .5 ounces?"

Ted K. (In California*)

* Now that's a topic all by itself

·
Premium Member
19,881 Posts
It's going to be a long winter. Charlei

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"The question is, "What's the difference between 7.5's and 8's - .5 inches or .5 ounces?""

Well .5 in inches is 1/2" .5 ounces is 1/2 ounce. NA I don't think they enter the equation.

Bob Lawless

·
Vendor
7,655 Posts
back on the goose loads---i brot ought some of my old high brass loads for annie oakleys and got ridiculed!---the guy next to me ,loads his own backup loads--they rock the house with thunder and no one says a word , cuz they are in low brass AA hulls--hey an 1 1/4 oz load of 5's @ 1350 ft /sec--he's ok but i'm cheating?????

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Ted that is another problem if they just shoot and work on what works instead of analyzing every aspect of the game under a microscope they might be better off.

The question of 7.5 or 8 is a prime example it matters not if you center the target no matter what you are using for shot the target will break so whats up with that.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bob L. -

I guess something got lost in the translation. The question (like the others I proposed at the beginning of this thread) was intended to be be so stupid as to be humorous, since shot size is not measured either in inches or ounces.

Ted K.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Ted K.

"The question (like the others I proposed at the beginning of this thread) was intended to be be so stupid as to be humorous"

Well Ted it was stupid but humorous I am afraid only to some. To the others Sad would be a better description as many of them believed you....LOL

Bob Lawless

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.