Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a set of Briley sub gauge tubes, these were for a Citori plus I recently purchased, I have no need for them. The barrels on the gun are 30 inches, the person I purchased the gun from said that you put in the 2 skeet chokes provided from Briley and then insert tubes. all barrels come with chokes and wrenches. Everything in pictures also come with them ,
tube case
insert tools and small mallet
chokes and wrenches
tool to remove tubes
2 - 12 gauge skeet chokes
Also I have the warrinty packet with all info on tubes printed inside , bore size is also laser etched on tubes also. There is a picture of the original invoice showing what the tubes actually cost. the tubes are fairly new and used very little, as you can see on the invoice they were purchased in May of 2014.
I am asking $1200 for them, also would consider some kind of trade for them, possibly for a browning BT-99.
20150812_102826.jpg
20150812_102851v.jpg
20150812_102950.jpg
20150812_103130.jpg
20150812_103559.jpg
20150812_103606.jpg
20150812_103621.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fitted sub-gauge tube sets are designed to be shot only in the barrel set they were fitted to. They may insert in another barrel set but the tube manufacturers do not approve of this practice. For those who doubt this, please contact Briley or Kolar and heed their advice.
This.. Are these companion or fitted tubes? The invoice makes me think its the latter.

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
Interchanging fitted tubes is NOT a safety issue, it is a fitment issue (for chamber diameter, barrel diameter, length, and ejector throw), and to a lesser extent a warranty issue (manufacturers may not warranty tubes not fit to their original barrels, so you'll need to pay for any future repairs out of pocket).

Companion tubes are essentially fitted tubes just made to sloppier tolerances. They are not built any stronger or any differently.

As long as you stay relatively close to the make/model of gun fitted tubes were initially made for, you'll be fine. And if you save enough to ameliorate any possible future warranty issues, all the better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are Ultralights so they are fitted as the invoice states, I dont know much about tube sets, as stated above, I bought the Citori Plus and they came with it, previous owner said he used to shoot skeet, I am using the gun to shoot trap so the sub gauge tubes dont really interest me. Previous owner said they weren't used that much. I know he said that you have to put in the skeet chokes and then install the tubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts