Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Clay Tartgets Online (Home - Clay Targets Online) to look for ranges near Kissimmee. The site seems to be malfunctioning because every search return North Carolina. I tried Florida first, then Illinois, and North Carolina. Every state entered returns ranges in North Carolina.

Larry

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
yeah...........dave owns that site. he's let it go downhill fast.
ever since he got cyber attacked and virused on his old site, he had to shut the old one down and buy into the new crappy web-server you see now.
its been giving him nothing but issues and as you can see.....he's never fixed it.
i fear the worse. i hope he doesnt just let it go.
his site was the best on online and i spent YEARS helping him keep it up and current.

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
i can tell he doesnt care, because he doesnt answer website emails or even my private emails about it.
i think he's gonna let it go and stick to his shooting tours.

if anyone has a new one or better site, let us know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Larry

Go to that site and click on clubs and then search by location. Put in a city or zip code and the search area you want to cover. That's the only way it works for me now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
From Kissimee the Volusia ranges would be a 1.5 hour drive. I'm sure there's something closer. But if you get the inkling; there's two places to shoot in south central Volusia Co., Volusia Trap & Skeet off Pioneer Trail (take I-4 to S.R. 44 to New Smyrna Beach) and Cow Creek Shooting Club in Edgewater (I-4 to S.R. 44 NSB, south on I-95 to S.R. 442, Edgewater exit, east 1/2 mi to Cow Creek Rd.)

Volusia Trap is open 9-5 Sunday, 9-5 Wednesday and 1-5 Saturday and has 3 trap, 3 Skeet and 5 Stand ranges. Cow Creek has a single house and shoots trap on Saturdays 9 to 12 or when everyone is petered out. Cow creek is a little laid back and more casual than Volusia...if you like your trap all hush, hush like golf...head to Volusia. If you don't mind a little good natured banter on the line...you'll have a great time at CC. If you want a unique experience they may squeeze in a round or two of "Samsula" a local fast paced...gentlemen's game ;-)

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
To the west of Mickey World there are two relatively close.

Tenoroc in Lakeland and Imperial Polk in Winter Haven.

Tenoroc is run by Florida Wildlife Comm. And Imperial is privately owned (abort hours in the summer usually starting around June 1)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts