Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
After being involved, or being witness to a verbal arguement, I have often sat back and said, "That was stupid to argue over". One stupid arguement that I witnessed occurred in 1990 at the Waukesha gun club.

At one time two elderly friends, one age 88, the other 85, went fishing together back in 1968. One of the men accused the other stating his friend never paid him $2.00 for the worms that they used fishing that particular day.

Each of them said the other was lying, as the person accused said that he picked up the others breakfast tab that morning and the other said they were square. Each time they came to the gun club, they walked right past each other without any acknowledgement.

Twenty two years had past and one of the people at the gun club asked if it was time to let the past be in the past? The accuser went crazy and another arguement erupted like this just happened yesterday.

I attempted to jump in and the 88 year old said stay out of it before or he would punch me in the nose. Long story short, the 85 year old gave him the $2.00 and the 88 year old said forget about it????? They shook hands and each died as friends.

Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Steve, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for story lines. Maybe there are some Dear Abby type websites or sites dealing with uncontrollable fantasizing you would enjoy.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
After 41 years of marriage to the same woman, of course we've had a lot of stupid arguments, but this forum is no place to aire my dirty laundry. Mike.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I was takeing a history class one time and the subject of the arctic circle came up. I argued that it was at 66 1/2 deg north lat the other guy argued that it was at 66 deg 30 min. We argued enuff that we were thrown out of class.

Actually it is at 66 deg 33 min 44 sec but why sweat the small stuff

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The ultimate stupid argument would be 221 vs MrSkeet410.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I had a professor in college argue strongly that there were no absolutes...I pointed out that the position he was taking was an absolute thus his argument was self-cancelling. He insisted his position was correct. Now that's stupid.

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
BIO, you are Soooooooo correct what's amazing is how two entities so stupid can still be sucking air, I guess reflexes are hard to stop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.