Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Material property Font Metal Electronics Shooting sport Shooting Outdoor recreation Recreation Trap shooting Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Wood Material property

This was my youngest son's starter gun. It's a Beretta 1301 Competition with a 21" barrel. It was a Berretta demo gun, so it was considered used when I bought it. You can see a few scratches at the muzzle. Those are the only marks I can find.
This shotgun is designed for 3 gun matches. Apparently 3 gun shooters like stumpy shotguns. With all the stock extensions out, the LOP is 13", with all of them in it's around 14 1/2". I also added a "Kick-Off" recoil reducer. The "Kick Off" reducer is not marketed for the 1301, but the A400 kit fit in without any problem.
This also comes with extra choke tubes in Full, IM, Mod and the original IC. There is also all of the original stock shims, books and choke tube wrench.

The Good:
The receiver is designed for fast reloading for the three gun guys. The closer, action bolt and safety are oversized. I think this is a good thing for kids sized hands.
It is light, you can carry this all day. It would cycle 7/8 oz. shells fine and after a few months my son was shooting 1 1/8 oz. I'm guessing around 1,500 rounds have been through it.

The Bad:
With the oversized cut out on the receiver, I couldn't find a normal shell catcher. We ended up using a Casey's stick on. It worked fine, but not my first choice.
Three gun guys must have sweaty hands. The checkering is cut pretty deep. At first he shot with gloves, until he got used to the checkering. I shot it and never noticed the checkering, but it was an issue at first for him.
The kick-off kit puts the length of pull at 14 1/8". It's a bit of a trade off. Less recoil on a standard length stock, or a stumpy stock for a kid.

I've got about $1150 in this with the added Kick Off, I'm asking $950. I might consider a trade, but I'm trying to thin the herd, not add to it.

Message me if you have any questions. This will need to ship to your FFL to do the transfer. Shipping and insurance at actual cost added. If it doesn't go here, I'll probably list it on Gun Broker in a month or so. Three day inspection. I've got more pictures, if you need to see something particular.

regards,

Todd Dietrich, Marissa IL.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts