Trapshooters Forum banner

Stolen Spolar Gold

3717 Views 22 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  pduthely
My SW Indiana home was destroyed by a tornado March 2020. The day before the storm, I had received a new Spolar Gold reloader and had gotten it set up. The tornado hit the next evening. The Spolar survived the storm undamaged and we had assumed the company working to move our belongings had taken it to storage, that apparently isn't the case.

The stolen Spolar has the serial # 3637, it is 12 ga, and had a factory cover. If anyone comes across it, please let me know.

Best,
Rick Williams
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
My SW Indiana home was destroyed by a tornado March 2020. The day before the storm, I had received a new Spolar Gold reloader and had gotten it set up. The tornado hit the next evening. The Spolar survived the storm undamaged and we had assumed the company working to move our belongings had taken it to storage, that apparently isn't the case.

The stolen Spolar has the serial # 3637, it is 12 ga, and had a factory cover. If anyone comes across it, please let me know.

Best,
Rick Williams
I am so sorry to hear.. that is awful.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts

Best,
Rick Williams
Insurance has a time limit on claims but you might file on your homeowners policy.

· Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Insurance has a time limit on claims but you might file on your homeowners policy.
You want to check on this right away assuming the loss of your home was covered. The Spolar might be covered under the same deductible. Guessing it took this long to realize missing possessions as they were left in storage during the rebuild? Isn't the cleanup company liable as they presumably took charge of your surviving items.
Sorry this happened.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Back in the 90's we had a house fire. Roof damage and a lot of smoke damage. Hired a company to do the repairs and had a dumpster moved in to get the damaged items and materials removed Company employee stole a Video Game console that was a Xmas present. The fire was on 12/26 and Video console was notied missing just a couple days later.
Sh1t happens when there are strangers in your home unfortunately and they are willing to take advantage of people who are suffering through tragedy. They should all be lined up against a wall and asked if they want it in the head or have there hands cut off.

PD

· Registered
2,399 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss and I hope you either get it back or the jerk who took it blows himself up with it.

My dad was a lineman with the Al Power Co. for many years and worked at a lot of house fires and storm damage.
He was always amazed...and angry...to see people (neighbors) carting off valuables even before the flames died down.
Jim

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Someone knew what it was and stole it from a person who’s life was in turmoil. That’s the lowest form of scum.

Sorry for your misfortune. I hope you get made whole through homeowners coverage.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
As a career firefighter/EMT, I have been inside so many peoples homes, it defies description.

Being in a position to hand them cash, photos, jewelry and other possessions I was able to salvage made my every day worthwhile.

I wish you a full recovery, and the scum that is/has taken advantage of you gets their just rewards as well.

The audacity of some people amazes me, not in a good way.

· Premium Member
4,844 Posts
My guess is that it went in the dumpster. People who work for $10 hour wouldnt have a clue what they were looking at or care...........
Not hardly, Spolar’s are a large & no nonsense looking piece of equipment & if undamaged as Rick said in his post anybody would recognize it was something of value. It’s too bad it took so long to realize it was gone. Records, receipts or photos might help add it to your insurance claim. Unless the home could have been looted I’d be looking long & hard at the cleanup company.

· Premium Member
8,104 Posts
Whichever insurance company paid for the damage to the home and its contents should also be on the hook for this. Laency in making the claim was caused by your good faith belief the company the moved your belongings to storage had also stored the new Spolar. If not, the theft coverage on your homeowners insurance should cover it (probably the same carrier). You have no way of proving the moving company took it. If it was new, Spolar will be able to provide you with proof of purchase. The first thing to do is call your insurance agent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.