Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i somehow managed to get a few scratches on the stock and forarm of my gun. So i was looking for ways to fix the scratches and/or make them less visable, i hear of rubbing walnuts on it, and im looking to try that. If anyone has any experience or advice please let me know, thanks -Coley

·
Registered
22,902 Posts
So i somehow managed to get a few scratches on the stock and forarm of my gun. So i was looking for ways to fix the scratches and/or make them less visable, i hear of rubbing walnuts on it, and im looking to try that. If anyone has any experience or advice please let me know, thanks -Coley

So I, like, heard that if your stock is made out of Pine it needs a different finish than if it is Walnut or Maple. I hear that there are different finishes on, like, wood. So, like, maybe if we knew the type of finish we might be better able to polish up your nuts. 'cause, like, rubbing your nuts on the wal will sure make them itch if you rub them too hard.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I saw on a TV Show (Hack My Life) something about the oils in walnuts being able to fill light scratches in furniture when your rub a walnut on the scratches. Filled in the color, but didn't fix deep dents and gouges. The results in the video were pretty amazing. As cheap as a few walnuts are, I'd definitely give it a try.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I use Corey Cleaners and Polishes. One of their products, Buff-Brite, is great for removing scratches on high performance finishes. I also really like their Super High Gloss Piano Polish for my guns with gloss finishes.
Home - Cory Care

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
So I, like, heard that if your stock is made out of Pine it needs a different finish than if it is Walnut or Maple. I hear that there are different finishes on, like, wood. So, like, maybe if we knew the type of finish we might be better able to polish up your nuts. 'cause, like, rubbing your nuts on the wal will sure make them itch if you rub them too hard.
now that's funny.
jack mc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your resposes, i think ill go with that markron stuff because i think all my scratches are is just some blemishes in the coat. Thanks again -Coley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts