Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to refinish the rear stock on subject SBT. I have removed the set screw and tang screw, but the stock is ridged to the frame. What do I need to do to remove this stock?

Bob Jennings

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
If it's like the one I just did some work on, the trigger is the key. Remove the front trigger screw and the back screw. The back goes trough the stock and the stock should come off.
The trigger has to come all the way out.

Good Luck,
Ajax

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's like the one I just did some work on, the trigger is the key. Remove the front trigger screw and the back screw. The back goes trough the stock and the stock should come off.
The trigger has to come all the way out.

Good Luck,
Ajax
Ajax{/QUOTE]

From the info you sent, I understand that the trigger must come out. I have taken the rear trigger guard screw out and turned the trigger guard out and I was very careful to hold the trigger guard away from the bottom of the frame so as not to scratch it. There is the screw between the trigger guard and the forward end of the receiver; is this the screw I am to remove and then take the trigger mechanism out? And then the stock will come off? One more question; should it be cocked or uncocked?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Jennings

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'm not sure they are all built the same.

But the one I fixed,
The trigger had to come completely out and yes the front screw, in the trigger floor plate, its about in the middle of the receiver had to come out. It takes a special thin bladed screw driver to remove the screw.

They have leaf springs in them, so it would probably be better uncocked.

Good luck,
Ajax

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Trail: I haven't shot it yet. For some unknown reason, I have lost your reply where you asked if I shot it yet. Bob J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts