Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What options are there for an 870 trap stock? I like the thought of the Boyd’s At One but can find very little first hand info on it. Would I just be best to try and find a used stock on the forum or eBay?

· Registered
618 Posts
What options are there for an 870 trap stock? I like the thought of the Boyd’s At One but can find very little first hand info on it. Would I just be best to try and find a used stock on the forum or eBay?
I put composite M/C stocks on both my 1100 & 870..no adjustment but better than field stocks..Remington mfg. Bought through Walmart.com..no idea if still available..they were only $79

· Registered
Remington 1100
191 Posts
I had a Boyd stock for my 1100.
Not the At-One because they don't have those for 1100's. I sold it and bought a Bill Davis stock with the 4-way adjustable comb.
There's not much price difference between the 870 Boyd At-One stock and the Bill Davis stock. Both are excellent. The Bill Davis stock has more options for adjustment. You can even get a length of pull adjustment for $100 more and a Jimi recoil reducer for $200 more

· Registered
3,218 Posts
I have had good luck with 870 express M/C stocks from deer guns. I find them for sale occasionally and sometimes sell them. They are great to customize, paint, make a palmswell etc...
Check with Numrich gun parts. They used to have lots of plain wood uncheckered wood trap stocks for 870's and 1100's. I may have one around here as well.

· Registered
3,169 Posts
Depends on what you define as budget, and what kind of adjustments you need.
Synthetic Remington monte carlo stocks and forends are around $80 to $100.
Boyd's American Plainsman stocks and forends run $150-$200 depending on options.
Bill Davis Stocks basic stock is $210 plus shipping
Numrich has factory straight trap stocks and forends for $190.75, which probably the deal of the year at this point.
Remington wood stocks are hit or miss on price, bought on at a local gun show for $35 a couple of years ago, seen them in the $50-$250 range in eBay.
If the Remington parts store ever comes back online, you may be able to order an Express trap stock and forend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.