Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. New member here. I stumbled across this forum while looking for help with my 682.
I just recently purchased a Beretta 682 Super Sporting with a full set of Kolar tubes from my local shop. Yesterday I finally got out to shoot it. The stock is too high for me(and most others there) and it did not come with the other wood inserts. It has a weird locking system for the wood inserts that slide on the top of the stock so one isn’t easily made either. I cannot find one for sale anywhere and the system is no longer made.
My question is....Do any of the other stocks for the beretta 680 series fit the 682 Super Sporting? I would want to replace the stock and fore end to ensure they match. I also found a very nice DT-10 set. The lines look the same, Would it fit?
Thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 682 stocks are interchangeable but you need to know if you have a wide frame or narrow frame if you go on Cole guns it explains the difference or contact them and see if they have any or check with Mid West Gunworks to see if they don't have them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome to the site, this is a great place to get expert level advice on just about anything for guns. Congratulations you bought a good set up, in my opinion probably the best value for the money O&U ever made. I’m a huge Beretta fan, they’re reliable and don’t break much. I had the same stock issue with my 682 Super Skeet only mine was too low. I ended up finding a solution at Numrich Arms, they carry interchangeable comb inserts that will fit your gun which is most likely an older, wide frame version. Frame width only comes into play if you’re replacing the whole stock, the insert at the top, which is what I think you’re looking for, fits a 390/680/682. I pasted a link below that should take you to the Numrich Arms website where you can hopefully find something that helps you. The trick is knowing how high or low you need to go. Also the finish may not match up but in my case it was exact. There are some pretty knowledgeable guys on here who will hopefully see this and offer some advice. Tron is a well known guy on this site whose business is stock work, he’s super knowledgeable about Berettas too. He really knows his stuff and will respond if you reach out to him for input. Good luck with your search.

Beretta 682 Parts | Numrich Gun Parts

·
Registered
838 Posts
CS,

Nice 682, and a "silver" receiver too, why Beretta quit making them was a shame

As far wide & narrow receiver visit Beretta link below plug in the serial # off top tang for year of production. If its prior to 1994 it will be a wide receiver and post 1994 a narrow receiver, (wider frame (1.585" vs 1.525") not a lot of difference on the rear of the receiver. While I have found the forearm iron not an issue on pre & post production fore ends. Just an FYI, the pre 1994 stocks were few thousands "proud" on the back of the receiver anyway while some folks have fitted narrow stocks to the wide receiver without the wood fitting below the outside edge of the receiver. While Rich Cole does state on his web site current production wood won't fit wide receivers, others have found other wise.

The new post '94 narrow frame barrels will fit on the older, wider frame but the "shoulders" will not be flush on the outside and vice versa.

Tron is the "Stock Man" and if he can't do it no body can ......................

Firearm Technical Data Search

·
Registered
181 Posts
I’ve seen those combs for sale somewhere. Maybe Numrich. You could buy a lower comb or have that one shaved down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
A vender on this site known as ACSS is a seller of Beretta gas gun parts. I believe he had a replacement comb insert listed on a recent parts thread. He is knowledgeable and helpful. He has a thread on now as we speak on page one. Kenny Bruggeman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the site, this is a great place to get expert level advice on just about anything for guns. Congratulations you bought a good set up, in my opinion probably the best value for the money O&U ever made. I’m a huge Beretta fan, they’re reliable and don’t break much. I had the same stock issue with my 682 Super Skeet only mine was too low. I ended up finding a solution at Numrich Arms, they carry interchangeable comb inserts that will fit your gun which is most likely an older, wide frame version. Frame width only comes into play if you’re replacing the whole stock, the insert at the top, which is what I think you’re looking for, fits a 390/680/682. I pasted a link below that should take you to the Numrich Arms website where you can hopefully find something that helps you. The trick is knowing how high or low you need to go. Also the finish may not match up but in my case it was exact. There are some pretty knowledgeable guys on here who will hopefully see this and offer some advice. Tron is a well known guy on this site whose business is stock work, he’s super knowledgeable about Berettas too. He really knows his stuff and will respond if you reach out to him for input. Good luck with your search.

Beretta 682 Parts | Numrich Gun Parts
Kimo7, Thank you very much. i went to the website this morning and they had the comb i needed in stock. The one i ordered is .300 thinner than the one currently installed. I really appreciate the assistance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A vender on this site known as ACSS is a seller of Beretta gas gun parts. I believe he had a replacement comb insert listed on a recent parts thread. He is knowledgeable and helpful. He has a thread on now as we speak on page one. Kenny Bruggeman
Thanks, I managed to find the one i needed. for 700 less than the replacement stock i was looking at!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CS,

Nice 682, and a "silver" receiver too, why Beretta quit making them was a shame

As far wide & narrow receiver visit Beretta link below plug in the serial # off top tang for year of production. If its prior to 1994 it will be a wide receiver and post 1994 a narrow receiver, (wider frame (1.585" vs 1.525") not a lot of difference on the rear of the receiver. While I have found the forearm iron not an issue on pre & post production fore ends. Just an FYI, the pre 1994 stocks were few thousands "proud" on the back of the receiver anyway while some folks have fitted narrow stocks to the wide receiver without the wood fitting below the outside edge of the receiver. While Rich Cole does state on his web site current production wood won't fit wide receivers, others have found other wise.

The new post '94 narrow frame barrels will fit on the older, wider frame but the "shoulders" will not be flush on the outside and vice versa.

Tron is the "Stock Man" and if he can't do it no body can ......................

Firearm Technical Data Search
Thanks, It is a beautiful gun. I managed to find the comb i needed from a post above. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kimo7, Thank you very much. i went to the website this morning and they had the comb i needed in stock. The one i ordered is .300 thinner than the one currently installed. I really appreciate the assistance
Glad I could help. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everyone’s help. I got to pick up the gun from the shop today. The piece for the stock came in as well as the full set of 8 Mobil Victory extended chokes!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts