Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gunsmith with a good reputation for bending stocks is Mike Orlen. You can find contact information for him on shotgunworld. com. He has a price list in the gunsmithing forum.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It depends on the type of gun A gun that is inletted, such as a Perazzi or Krieghoff, can be bent but a gun like a Model 12 or Remington 90-T cannot. I usually charge 100. plus shipping. Phone 908 753-2365

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I believe that he wants to move the stock to the right so that he can bring the comb back to the left, closer to its starting point.

Ed Yanchok

·
Supporting Vendor
6,004 Posts
I have had stocks bent by Jim Greenwood, Augusta, Kansas. Phone: 316-775-0161. Email: [email protected] His shop is above Michael Murphy & Sons gun fitters.

As I recall it is $150 for a single bend and an additional $100 for a second bend. Changing the cast would be just one bend.

Greenwood has bent two guns for me and they have stayed bent.

Jim Skeel

·
Supporting Vendor
6,004 Posts
Bending a stock will not affect the finish.

Jim Skeel

·
Supporting Vendor
6,004 Posts
Bending a stock will not affect the finish.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Stocks that fit like the 90-T, 870, 1100, Ljutic etc are the simplest to cast.

For tanged guns with stock bolts, altering the inletting just a very little bit can cast a stock. Glass bedding will be needed.

Acutal bending needs to be done on those guns without a stock bolt, ie S/S's.

If heat is used, extra care needs to be taken because some finishes will blister.

Doug

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Stocks that fit like the 90-T, 870, 1100, Ljutic etc are the simplest to cast.

For tanged guns with stock bolts, altering the inletting just a very little bit can cast a stock. Glass bedding will be needed.

Acutal bending needs to be done on those guns without a stock bolt, ie S/S's.

If heat is used, extra care needs to be taken because some finishes will blister.

Doug

·
Supporting Vendor
6,004 Posts
Jim Greenwood can bend your stock even if it has a stock bolt. He just bent a Browning 525 for me (cast and drop).

Jim Skeel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.