Trapshooters Forum banner

stitching on rem. wads?

1745 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Quack Shot
Just started loading some remington fig. 8 wads and when I put them in the loader the stitching breaks on the wads. Does this hurt anything? On the downrange rem. clones they aren't stitched so I haven't run into this till now. Does the stitching help with the patterns and do I need to load them without breaking the stitching? Thanks for any help.

P.s. this is on a mec 9000.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
The stitching on the wads is only to help keep the petals from folding over, pressed down by the wad ram and covered with shot as they are being loaded. They have no function on the pattern.

· Registered
227 Posts
lilboss - I recently purchased and loaded a bunch of one ounce loads using Remington TGT12S wads on a MEC 9000 without any problems.

In fact, I liked the way that the stitching held everything together.

Dave

· Registered
3,995 Posts
The stitching is there for use in commercial loaders. It prevents the wads from slipping into one another and jamming the loader. It really has no effect on anything that would concern manual reloaders like the ones that recreational shooters would be using. Just pop one stitch when you pick up the wad and it will be easier to insert it into a press like the Mec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.