Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do You--remember the General Motors - re-call on there BIG--Luxury cars -Because the -5 lb. blocks of Free cheese would not fit in the Glove Compartment ??

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
So the stimulus is government just giving you back money it took from you, so you can stimulate the economy. Would it have made better sense if the government just let you keep that money and let you stimulate the economy sooner? Look at all the wasted effort to collect it from you and then return it! Government must have spent money to do that. In essence, that money shrunk while in government hands.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do You--remember the General Motors - re-call on there BIG--Luxury cars -Because the -5 lb. blocks of Free cheese would not fit in the Glove Compartment ??
no?

·
Premium Member
11,144 Posts
Received mine yesterday in the form of a prepaid debit card. Didn't realize that payments were coming in this fashion, initially thought a Nigerian prince might be involved. Found out it's legit. Easy to use. I think a trip to GU is in order. :LOL:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
You could maybe get a nice Baikal O/U and a box of shells.
Either that or a box of shells and with the change lunch at Mickey D's.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Any suggestions of what kind of gun I should buy with my $600.00 check?
I'm putting that and a little more towards a 1920's Sauer !6ga. SxS. If the $2000 one actually happens, I'll start looking at drillings, or possibly an Ithaca.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Any one else still waiting for theirs? Last time our money was direct deposit. For some reason they mailed it this year. Mailed in 1/6/2021 according to the IRS website. Still nothing. Further looking shows checks that were mailed could take 3-4 WEEKS to arrive. WTF.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
USPS, they’ll probably take awhile!

Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could be check or pre-paid debit card. Theft of especially debit cards might be an issue, depending on your mailbox situation.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Any one else still waiting for theirs? Last time our money was direct deposit. For some reason they mailed it this year. Mailed in 1/6/2021 according to the IRS website. Still nothing. Further looking shows checks that were mailed could take 3-4 WEEKS to arrive. WTF.
Same here, at least yours shows mailed. Their website says I'm not in there system?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
This is a side post to something flashmax said abut his mother working at the school pantry. I did too. In about '69 and '70, there was a government program where poor kids could get a part time job in the storerooms putting away truckloads of canned and powdered goods and keeping the stock rotated. They paid you by giving you pretty much unlimited food in the cafeteria. There was another program where you could get free lunches, but some of us were proud enough to work rather than get a free tray of food.

Probably 1/2 of all the cans were marked USDA. There was a date code read by the rings pattern on the #10 cans. It was amazing, most of the canned beef was from central American countries and was 5-8 years old when we got them. Most of the peanut butter was over 10 years old, veggies and fruits were 3 or 4 years old. We all ate that food, and didn't get sick.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
So the stimulus is government just giving you back money it took from you, so you can stimulate the economy. Would it have made better sense if the government just let you keep that money and let you stimulate the economy sooner? Look at all the wasted effort to collect it from you and then return it! Government must have spent money to do that. In essence, that money shrunk while in government hands.

You are right, the government seems to spend a dollar to give away a dime.

We actually did get relief starting last fall. Remember all the pelosi crap holding back stimulus? President Trump had the IRS take way less taxes for a couple months to help people get by. I am pretty sure that we will have to catch back up when we pay taxes in April.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts