Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about places that might have powder and really envy those who are within driving distance of those places. Here in NW FL there is no shotgun powder to be had anywhere. The main suppliers are all still out or at least according to their web sites. Status of "shotgun powders" as of this morning -- Connie's components (No Powder) Gamaliel (no powder) Mid South Shooting Supply (no powder) Natchez Shooting Supply (no powder) Midway (no powder) Graf and Sons (no powder) Same ol same ol Doesn't look like any end in sight any time soon! I tried Mike Graf but couldn't find out how to get on his site didn't find a link to show anything .

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tom but, I was just on there no shotgun powder except some Win. Super Hdcp. Really getting frustrating!

·
Registered
824 Posts
You aren't looking hard enough. Gamaliel has 4 pounders of 700X and 800X, Natchez has 8 pounder of Winchester Super Handicap.

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank for the replies . I called Natchez, got lucky, and managed to snag some Some Green Dot ! Set for awhile now. Sure ain't as easy as the old days!

·
Supporting Vendor
5,700 Posts
You may have better luck with your local distributor. Here in Indiana we have been getting powder from Indiana Gun Club (near Indianapolis). Good price and no HazMat fee or shipping.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mike,
The Silver Dollar had a ton of powder, literally. Promo, International, Red Dot, etc. It was avalable when I was shooting at the Southern Grand.

Doc

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Doc, I found out later. I think you posted but I didn't see it until later. Jerry brought me some shot. Didn't think about powder since they had been out forever. Oh Well, I don't think the Dollar ships so I missed the boat on that one! :02:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
an hour ago RECOB'S TARGET SHOP had 700x in 4 & 8 pounders. $131.00 for the 8 pounder, You could try there. Sorry for the caps, oops. Colonel

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have been shooting and reloading since 1970 and the present situation with powder availability puzzles me. (which is often not hard to do)

I don't recall going through a time period where all of the brands of shotgun powder have been in short supply in the last 40+ years. I have seen it where one manufacturer has a problem and their stuff is not available for a while, but all of them???? :hu:

We are going through a time when the lower end factory shells are at a price point where they are at or close to the price of loading shells; so in theory, there should be less demand for powder for reloading, resulting in surpluses and lower costs. As we know, there are no surpluses and few low prices.

Perhaps all the powder mfg/ capacity is going into those low cost factory shells?

·
Registered
31,603 Posts
Is the long shore men's strike in LA over yet?

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
I believe they signed a tentative agreement in Feb.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Just passed on 8# of Greendot for $225, but bought 8# of Claydot for $150.
Still a little high, but at least I'm seeing it on the shelves.

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
FYI -- Natchez website is still showing 8# Green Dot in stock.

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
jbmi, My price on Green Dot is 124.19 + tax, Clay Dot & Red Dot same price.

It looks like some dealers are taking advantage of the shortage

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It is here... Just have to look for it. I have had luck at Third Generation Supply. Not to mention my local shopS have had some everytime I go in. Red Dot, 700x and 800X.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Local gun shot has PB for $219 for 8 lbs plus tax. They can keep it.
The owner of the local shop I patronize the most told me that PB is actually a little LESS expensive than it used to be. I think I paid $153 for the last eight-pound kegs I bought but he told me he now sells it for about ten bucks less. BUT when what you see is gone, that's it - PB, all the IMR "SR" powders, IMR 4007SSC and WW AA Lite are no longer being made.

Ed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts