Still a Willie Nelson fan? | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still a Willie Nelson fan?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Something here I'm missing. Don't understand. Must be the wacky backy cheaper.

Jack R thanked this.
  3. Jaburg1

Jaburg1 Ya can't miss with a shotgun TS Supporters

Willie is a fool for doing it. The only band suitable for “Sleepy” Joe, is R.E.M. :)

Jack R thanked this.
  4. nanuk

nanuk Active Member

Never a fan--thought he was way overated--like so many others !

s w a. thanked this.
  5. 460Ford

460Ford Well-Known Member

I used to be a Willie fan. That just changed.

6. ditchparrot

ditchparrot Well-Known Member

He's still playing shows? The cat is 87 years old!

7. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member

Is Willie a single issue voter? I watched an interview of his once, I did not find him political. Except that he figured marijuana would be totally legal and readily available in the future, as soon as enough voters grew up and were in favor of it. He thought that was just a matter of time, and that patience was all that was required. But that was only a single interview, the person conducting the interview was starstruck by him, and politics never really came up for him to comment on or fail to comment on.

8. entropy

entropy Well-Known Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

I can like his music, and dislike his politics, just like many other musicians. Bruce Springsteen and John Fogerty come to mind, not to mention Rage Against The Machine.

darr, ThatsmeKB and tomk2 thanked this.
  9. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member

I can't help but say to myself "what a raging libtard" every time a Tom Petty song I like comes on. I try not to like the song, but I still do. Maybe it is because I liked the songs before I myself became political, perhaps he would have been on ignore if he was just now writing them. Funny how I have no problem turning off a Springsteen song I used to like. Go figure.

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Used to love Dolly Parton but lost TONS of respect for her when she hooked up with that TRAITOR B!t(h Jane Fonda to do a movie . But I guess some people will take money over morals.

Merlyn and lctrapshooter thanked this.
  11. ahansom

ahansom Well-Known Member

Still younger than his sister that plays piano in the band.

sdive2 thanked this.
  12. unplugged

unplugged Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Gene58 thanked this.
  13. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I quit worrying about the politics of talented people a very long time ago. It appears that makes me rather unique in today's America.
    You see...I enjoy the talent they have whether it be in movies, music, or any other art form. What I DON'T DO...is ascribe to them some sort of "Special wisdom" that imparts to them the role of mentor, guide or prophet. They are PERFORMERS....a monkey with tin cup dancing on the sidewalk is a PERFORMER as well.
    You see where I'm coming from..??
    Lest anyone think I'm some kind of softie, when they cross the line and commit a crime they are just as liable to arrest and prosecution as anyone else. IF....if we had equal justice under the law in America...Jane Fonda would juusssttt about be getting out of Federal prison after serving her well deserved sentence for sedition, and Hillary ROD-ham Clinton would be moving into the cell for her crimes.

BryanF, 22hornet, darr and 3 others thanked this.
  14. BSAMX

BSAMX Well-Known Member

Artistic talent makes you street stupid....so many make that point.

ganger and trapperwads thanked this.
  15. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the movie. Never bought a Willie record never will. Has he cleared up his back taxes and can his donations be seized to pay those taxes? Willie has the right to vote the way he wants as long as smoking dope doesn't affect his judgement. Not interested in any Hollywood ho or homo political views. It will not affect how I vote.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  16. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I'd put Lee Greenwood way ahead of Willie as country music goes.

sdive2 thanked this.
  17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Rolling Stones giving Trump grief about his using “You can’t always get what you want” and have threatened to sue. Trump has used Lee Greenwood’s “Proud to be an American” at a couple of events, he should stick with that.

18. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Ya know. On the quite side of Hollywierd their are many that don't go along with the dems bullsxxt. But this stuff the call country music of the younger group don't even come close to be called country. I haven't listened to the latest stuff for years. Nothing their. Sorry. Must just be me. But I don't see it.

Gene58, sdive2 and North ron thanked this.
  19. North ron

North ron Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay a dime to listen to any of them , even if it was across the street.

20. sdive2

sdive2 Well-Known Member

Only two I actually enjoy are the Time Jumpers, who recently lost their singer Dawn Sears to cancer. The other is 45RPM both feature a lot of old good musicians playing Texas Swing.

We also just lost a great old guitar player Jimmy Capps studio musician that played on a huge number of #1 records. You RFD-TV guys would remember him as The Sheriff on Larry's Country and the lead guitar in Country Family Reunion.

CharlieAMA thanked this.