Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
Remington 1100
191 Posts
I lived in Las Vegas for 4 years and was a member of the Las Vegas Gun Club. I was on the committee that did the initial planning for the Clark County shooting complex. It was an amazing undertaking and a long way off in 1998 when the planning was being done. Ironically Steve Carmichael wasn't initially selected to run the shooting range. He had to interview for the job he should have been given without asking. Before the range was built I moved out of Las Vegas and I've never seen the range.

· Premium Member
1,629 Posts
You are correct, Steve should have been involved in the initial planning. It is a nice shooting complex, but there are a lot of things that could have been designed or located differently. Really not any knowledgeable trap people involved in the initial layout.

6,495 Posts
22 years ago when my folks moved to Sun City Summerlin, I'd visit and run up to the LVGC off Tule Springs and shoot at green targets with blue lenses, specifically purchased to shoot their green birds... 2020, I moved to North Las Vegas from Chicago, not too far from the old LVGC location and 5 minutes from the Clark County Range... funny how things work themselves out.

Nice operation... enjoy shooting on Thursday Nights under great lights... have met some very nice folks this past year...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.