Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Steel Water gun safes? The prices/discounts quoted on their website seem to good to be true for the features they advertise.

Ktapply

Arvada, Colorado.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Specs don't look very impressive Kevin. Twelve gauge steel construction? If my math is right, that's about 0.1 inch....what most would call "sheet metal." Composite door doesn't make it sound real secure either. For comparison sake, my Fort Knox has a 1/2 inch steel door while the rest of the safe is 5/16" It is over 30 years old though. I don't know if they build them like that any more.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have been thinking about one of these too. I just want something to ptotrct against the quick smash and grab thieves. I live in a residential area with a local fire company within a mile so fire rating isnt of the biggest of my concerns eithe. I dont have any super high value guns either. I even was thinking about a scratch and dent special to save even more money as it will be tucked away in my basement. I judt cant see spending 3 gs to protect maybe 10 guns. I have my kx5 insured seperately to protect it. Idk

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
APrice , I think they all use a composite door now. That increases fire protection. "Composite" isn't a security issue. Don't think you will find a 5/16" bodied safe anymore, not sure. Most are "sheet metal." Have you priced a Fort Knox safe lately?

I don't know about Steelwater safes but just remember , you get what you pay for if you are lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts