1. The number of physicians in the US is approx 700,000
2. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year is 120,000
3. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
Statistics courtesy of the US Dept of Health and Human Services
1. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000. Yes that is 80 Million
2. The number of acidental gun deaths per year for all age groups is 1,500.
3. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
FACT: Not everyone has a gun but almost everyone has at least one doctor.
Please alert your friends to this alarming fact. We must BAN doctors before this gets completely out of hand.
Out of concern for the public at large, I have not shared the statistics for lawyers for fear that it might shock people into seeking medical attention!