Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that sometimes some states have held their state shoot in another bordering state and I have attended one of those. This has been done several times and there is nothing in any ATA by-laws ( or any state by-law that I am aware off ) that would prevent this from happening . With some governors ( almost all of them liberal Democrats) trying to keep their states locked down , would it be in the best interest of some state associations holding their state shoots in a neighboring state that aren't playing that game? For instance if Randy boy in KY. keeps up his over reaching mandates that Say KY couldn't contract with TN. to hold it there or, perhaps MI ( where the governor seems to thinks shes god) couldn't seek to have theirs in OH ? Just wondering?

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
If the Ohio state shoot were to be held in Michigan, the MTA would have to charge an a$$hole fee of around 100 bucks a head.
Uh-oh :popcorn::popcorn:

This ought to get some bites!

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
There's nothing in the rules that forbid it, WVA shoot in VA now in Winchester, you're about 5 miles WVA and maybe 8 from Maryland. Delaware now shoots in NJ and used to shoot in Millington, MD. We stayed in Dover when attending the Millington shoot. While it's manageable when the club is close to the border, the further you get away from the home state the more unreasonable it would become for the state residents. I have heard rumors for years that a registered shoot was held on the back deck of a cruise ship in Chesapeake Bay, but I haven't ever seen any proof that it happened.

·
Keystone Shooter
2,124 Posts
Oh my God! Blasphemy in Pennsylvania! Keystone shooters would have a fit if they moved it from Elysburg to the Cardinal Center. And yes I‘ve shot the WVa state shoot the last two years in Winchester. Love Winchester. Nice place. Only a two hour ride for me.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
NH state shoot is held in Massachusetts every year as there aren’t any clubs big enough in NH to host the shoot!

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I know that sometimes some states have held their state shoot in another bordering state and I have attended one of those. This has been done several times and there is nothing in any ATA by-laws ( or any state by-law that I am aware off ) that would prevent this from happening . With some governors ( almost all of them liberal Democrats) trying to keep their states locked down , would it be in the best interest of some state associations holding their state shoots in a neighboring state that aren't playing that game? For instance if Randy boy in KY. keeps up his over reaching mandates that Say KY couldn't contract with TN. to hold it there or, perhaps MI ( where the governor seems to thinks shes god) couldn't seek to have theirs in OH ? Just wondering?
I will make sure to share this idea with the board members.
KTL director Henry Winn

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
My guess if the Ohio State shoot would move to the inferior WSRC, it would overwhelm the WSRC and locale! Seems there is barley enough accommodations for the few that already attend?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,262 Posts
This pandemic needs to be over. Popcorn sales.are thru the roof.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts