Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son shot in and placed in one of the “state games” and therefore qualified to go to the “state games of America” in Des Moines this summer. Is that national shoot worth traveling to? Anyone been to these with a youth? Or is it better to attend one of the more recognized national shoots for youths?

World Organism Font Adaptation Poster

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
First time I've heard of this. I am curious to see if anyone else has first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I shoot the IOWA Games twice a year. They have a summer and winter Trap Shooting competition. It is a very Non-Competitive fun shoot. You will find very few if any ATA shooters at the events. Several classes of shooters but they are done by age not ability. I would expect to see no more than 200 participants at the event. That includes all age brackets for both men, women and students.
It is a fun father son event but I wouldn't travel to it for competition. If you want to go on vacation with your son, have a great time. If you want to take your son to compete, I would find a different venue.

Good luck shoot well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would wait until next year to see what your options might be at that time.
The instate competitions might be attractive. or your sons' interests may have evolved?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts