Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The local club determined who was on 2 by having the person that shot first during the event be on post 2.

Jason

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I truly have no favorite post to start with in singles. HDCP l kinda lean towards starting on 2 or 4. But truly makes me no difference, have to shoot them all eventually. Have shot 100s starting on all/each post..

Reactions: Big Az Al

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I signed up on post five recently to fill a squad because I'd rather have a full squad than a preferred starting post. Now after thinking about it, I liked it and trying to figure out why?

None of the hard rights seemed as fast or extreme. Nailed each straight away and anything in between.

The only thing I can think of is that I hadn't seen any other presentations prior to shooting the "tough post" so maybe I was more relaxed, focused and ready? Of importance and maybe it's the primary reason but the last five events I've shot, unlike any other before, I was not nervous or anxious. I can remember my legs being weak/shaking and my eyes darting all over the place last year but this year...nothing. Just load, close and shoot.

At any rate, it seems like post four is the most often preferd starting position so I'm curious if there's anyone else that prefers five and why?
Lot of shooters think going from hard rights to hard lefts in first 10 targets not a good idea. Not bother me personally.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,410 Posts
Someone did an analysis at one point of prevalence of straights by post. I believe 4 and 5 had the most by a fair stretch. 1 had the least. Something to be said about seeing a few to get your eyes adjusted and you in rhythm.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would start anywhere. Doesn’t matter it’s just a mental thing. Other sports have this utter silliness too. In baseball it’s practically blasphemy to bring the closer into the game in the 8th inning. Truth is it shouldn’t matter you just pitch the damn ball just like it were the 9th. Same thing in trap. You have to shoot all the stations so starting point is just mental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Last night shooting league scores on a pickup squad, one catch up score and one score a head, the open posts were 3,4,5 I chose 3. Getting back to shooting decent after being slowed down. Post three felt great. 24, 23, 24, 24. The middle two scores actually felt the best. Dropped the first two adapting to sun setting and ran 23, dropped #1 and ran 24. Stringing runs together is tops! At this point it doesn't matter what post I start from, just get shooting.

Al

Reactions: OldGoat

·
Registered
859 Posts
On a squad that I shoot with somewhat regular there are 2 of us that switch off leading, the other 2 like post 2 and 3 so it's either #1 or #4 for me and either way I don't care which it is, you have to shoot every post, run the first 5 and away you go.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts