Trapshooters Forum banner

Starter Trap Options

1133 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MBT-99D
My daughter has started shooting this year with a borrowed BT99 Plus. It seems to bruise her face a little each time we shoot. She has shot my dads AL390 (His back up gun) and liked it. I'm gonna have her try my Beretta 686 next time we get out but have concerns of the 34" barrel being a weight factor for her. What are some suggestions to look for? She is small framed @110 # 5'4" ish.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,262 Posts
Find her a Micro Midas BT-99, if you believe she isn't going to be a six-footer at 18. Stock will most likely fit her better, and a little less weight to them.

6,495 Posts
Is she holding the gun into the shoulder and keeping her cheek on the stock well enough?

A 34" barrel may be a bit nose heavy, but I wouldn't think it to be signficant...

· Registered
64 Posts
I found my daughter a 686 silver pigeon top single w/34" barrel. It already had a gracoil system on it so recoil hasnt been a problem. Its slightly butt heavy so the longer barrel has not been an issue. I try to only let her shoot 1oz shells. She was having a cheek slap issue but finally figured out to keep her head down and that went away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.